Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 11:20 PM   #1
SirGwayne

I recently noticed Gabriel's post of him leaving this board and the outpouring of responses. majority being positive and uplifting. If you would give me the same respect as I would give you I would read my hole post before judging. To make this as simple as possible I will get to the point. I don't know many of you and sometimes my visits dont allow me to hang around to get actively involved in conversation. but "very" few of you have responded to any of my posts and that does annoy a person. especially when your asking a topic question about the game were all playing or have played.I would just say this if you are on the board more than "one" of you could take the time to be kind enough to reply to someones post! I do enjoy Greatly coming here but so many of you really know the game and are quite good with words. all I would ask as I believe many would is PLEASE. take a little more time to show others thier welcome here to. I know you all say your welcome here and I sincerely believe each of you, but we all know actions speek louder than words....with that said thank you all.

Old 02-28-2001, 12:54 AM   #2
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

SirGwayne nice to see you again....what happen to the fire guy? As for your unaswered posts....Your lastest (not including this one) are dual classing and Heart of winter. Personaly I don't know much about dual classing na d would of been much help, and I been trying to avoid Heart of WInter so not to be tainted by the thoughs of other on it. sorry
Old 02-28-2001, 01:06 AM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

SirGwayne,
I really couldn't agree with you more (see my post on Gabriel's leaving thread). I have come to learn thru my own experiences that many "game" questions only get one or two posts b/c those posts answer the question so thouroghly that anymore posts would be overkill. I am not condoning the action of 'ignoring' people's questions, but sometimes one response is enough. As for off-topic threads.....I completely agree.....everyone should be welcome and I believe they truly are.......everybody is doing such a great job of including everybody else, especially recently, that I feel this forum is really becoming a second family for everyone...I know it has become one for me.....there are so many things I would like to tell and many more that I would like to hear, but.........I digress.
I hope you don't get discouraged....I know at least this thread will get many responses
Old 02-28-2001, 02:50 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi SirGwayne. I read your post donīt know if i answered cause I donīt know if I ever encountered that problem before. And Yes Moridin is right, one answer could be enough an often is.
When I was totally new here my first thread had about three answeres before it dwindled out into nonxistence but it was enough. I didnīt know anyone and did feel lost cause so many started to direct speak wiyh each other and had comments running wild. Iīm fairly good with english but with this speed I do lose some points od meaning here and there and my grammer.. well lets not go there.
Now I try if I have the time to browse through all thoose threads with few answeres espacially thoose with zero answers do make them appear and to get attention.
Iīm no Memnoch, I donīt know the game as well as he and i canīt write his answers. I do what I can and if that is enough to help someone Iīm happy, if not ask someone else, donīt give up.
Old 02-28-2001, 04:11 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
To make this as simple as possible I will get to the point. I don't know many of you and sometimes my visits dont allow me to hang around to get actively involved in conversation. but "very" few of you have responded to any of my posts and that does annoy a person. especially when your asking a topic question about the game were all playing or have played.I would just say this if you are on the board more than "one" of you could take the time to be kind enough to reply to someones post! I do enjoy Greatly coming here but so many of you really know the game and are quite good with words. all I would ask as I believe many would is PLEASE. take a little more time to show others thier welcome here to. I know you all say your welcome here and I sincerely believe each of you, but we all know actions speek louder than words....with that said thank you all.
SirGwayne, I think that most people on this forum to their best to help people out, I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the "regulars" may not have completed the game yet but most people do make a conscious effort to help. I'm not here when you post because of my timezone so I can't really comment on how you feel you've been neglected but sometimes people just might not know the answer, especially if they are subjective questions like "should I dual my fighter to thief" etc.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth.

------------------
"Don't call me Satan, or Lucifer, or Marduk, or Azazel, or Sammael, or Mephistopheles - my name is Memnoch." --Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame.