Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 05:22 PM   #81
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
About old trees... they're just as important as the young ones... Old trees (forests) are a part of the ecosystem. And they also have deep roots and absorb lots of water. If we cut down the forests floods will get even worse because there will be nothing to absorb the extra water. And also, imagine how it would be if all the elderly people would suddenly be wiped out from the population... If we cut only old trees the ecosystem will be destroyed because they're a part of it. [img]smile.gif[/img] The same with the spotted owl. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Young fast growers will suck up just as much water. Not that Im saying Old growth isnt a part of the eco-system, Im just saying it isnt the holy grail that some people make it ouut to be. After all Europe is doing pretty well without most of its old growth..life goes on and things continue to thrive. Though I guess that there really isnt a "lot" of forest in western europe right now. (Im only basing this thought on night time satelite photos of the lights havent looked up any stats.)[/QUOTE]

Old 08-26-2002, 07:20 PM   #82
uss
20th Level Warrior

Dammit, Now all the americans in IW hate me.

Why do i always have to be so f***ing open-minded!? I guess it runs in my evil estonian blood.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:35 PM   #83
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Dammit, Now all the americans in IW hate me.

Why do i always have to be so f***ing open-minded!? I guess it runs in my evil estonian blood.
Hey uss!

I'm an American and I don't hate you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, don't sweat it!

Mark
Old 08-26-2002, 07:35 PM   #84
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Oh and the Estonian president doesn't speak perfect English which is not his native language...uh and we should dislike a world leader for that? *checks her Estonian and finds she hasn't got a word of Estonian in her vocabulary*
Oh no, Great Bringer of Clouds, he can`t speak english AT ALL. You see, Estonias president does not really have much power. He is more like the representer of our beloved tiny land. But what good is representing if you cant speak with any world leader except Russias president?
But that is certanly not even half of why i(and many others from my country) would like another president. He IS a senile old man, and talks in a way that is hardly understandable. When he was in Helsinki(The capital of Finland), he said:"I like it here. The houses are short, not like in New York". Thats not the whole story(and you probably still dont understand why i dislike him) but its 2:43 and im getting very sleepy.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:39 PM   #85
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

Your posts have spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax mistakes too. We haven't cast you on the coals for that yet have we? LOL
Please, do "cast me on the coals". Whenever I spell something wrong, tell me.

Btw, I said Irak because thats what it is in our country. And it says Irak in my(Estonian) world globe so [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-26-2002, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 08-26-2002, 07:43 PM   #86
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Ok, cool it with the "grammar police". That's so cliche' it's not funny, not to mention rude.

Uss, that was a rather insensitive post you made. Are you SURE you meant to say that you aren't fond of Americans (PEOPLE) rather than America (COUNTRY or GOVERNMENT)?

-Sazerac
Ah, Thats the damn problem! Yes, i meant America not Americans, now, please dont kill me, ban me, or whatever me!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:53 PM   #87
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:

Your posts have spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax mistakes too. We haven't cast you on the coals for that yet have we? LOL
Please, do "cast me on the coals". Whenever i spell something wrong, tell me.

Btw, I said Irak because thats what it is in our country. And it says Irak in my(Estonian) world globe so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Forgot to captilize your I.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-26-2002, 07:59 PM   #88
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:

Iron_Ranger; I think he spells Irak because that's Iraq in Estonian. It's the same in Slovene - we call it Irak. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yeah but wear talking English, and he claims to be such a great english speaker he should know.[/QUOTE]What!? "Great english speaker"!? I belive you got that idea from my open minded rudeness *sigh* i am sorry, but i just know english enough to speak in it.

Everybody, i am very sorry for saying what i did. I didn`t mean it
Old 08-26-2002, 08:03 PM   #89
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
quote:

Please, do "cast me on the coals". Whenever i spell something wrong, tell me.

[/QUOTE]Forgot to captilize your I.
[/QUOTE]Oh, sorry. On my way to fix that [img]smile.gif[/img] .

You know, it would be kinda cool if you would haunt me and report my every spelling mistake [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 08-26-2002, 08:12 PM   #90
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL Saz "grammar police"! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] But you have to admit it is funny that Uss posts about people who can't speak English when he has so many typos LOL! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Wow, I do? Like what?
And before you go on, what is a 'typo' ?

*Bashes his own head repeatedly* Idiot! Idiot!