Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 04:39 PM   #71
skywalker
Banned User

Magik, it is possible (I shudder to think) that we may agree on a lot of things.
I just refuse to believe that the current Admin will do the right thing until I see results. Now that doesn't mean Bush will do right or wrong. I'm just not willing to give him and his "cronies" (couldn't help but use that word )the benefit of the doubt.

Mark
Old 08-25-2002, 05:06 PM   #72
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Magik, it is possible (I shudder to think) that we may agree on a lot of things.
I just refuse to believe that the current Admin will do the right thing until I see results. Now that doesn't mean Bush will do right or wrong. I'm just not willing to give him and his "cronies" (couldn't help but use that word )the benefit of the doubt.

Mark
Well next to you I am a Raving Bush Fanatic but I will still watch and keep my eyes open. Just 'cause I like him doesnt mean I forgot my favorite presidents motto, "Trust but Verify" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 05:07 PM   #73
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Well next to you I am a Raving Bush Fanatic but I will still watch and keep my eyes open. Just 'cause I like him doesnt mean I forgot my favorite presidents motto, "Trust but Verify" [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've often wondered, MagiK. What it is it that makes you like The Bush so much. Is it the result of too much Clinton dislike. You have often said you are not a registered Republican, so please, enlighten me.

Thanx, in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark

[ 08-25-2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
Old 08-25-2002, 05:30 PM   #74
Moni

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Umm no not callous at all, I think it is realistic. First off I would point out that a Human Being is not comparable to a Spotted owl.
I would have believed you were truly being realistic but then I read the following sentence LOL.
No, I do understand about the adaptation of species to their environments but when we expect them to adapt to ours, IMO that is overstepping boundaries.
[/QUOTE]Uhhh I don't understand what you ment here. I was seriously realistic in my statement...not sure what part of what I said served to disuade you of that fact.
[/QUOTE]The part about a Human Being not being comparable to a Spotted Owl.

I'll leave you with your opinion since we have some mutual admiration for each other (I think lol). I really don't want to get into a discussion on what species are more important than others since I don't feel that any one is superior to another, esp humans.

Old 08-25-2002, 06:37 PM   #75
Chewbacca
Zartan

http://www.thehia.org/faqs/faq7.htm

hey Magick: Check around this sight for the myriad uses of hemp for paper, fuel, housing, and food. It ain't just for ropes anymore and using hemp doesn't pollute like synthetics, cotton, timber, ect.!!! Hemp for victory!!!!!

Bottom-line: We could be doing more to help our enviroment, Bush is no help here and I SPECULATE (like I have done before, not so plainly tagged) that $$$$ is the reason we do not.

edit-wrong link!

[ 08-25-2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 08-25-2002, 09:05 PM   #76
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
http://www.thehia.org/faqs/faq7.htm

hey Magick: Check around this sight for the myriad uses of hemp for paper, fuel, housing, and food. It ain't just for ropes anymore and using hemp doesn't pollute like synthetics, cotton, timber, ect.!!! Hemp for victory!!!!!

Bottom-line: We could be doing more to help our enviroment, Bush is no help here and I SPECULATE (like I have done before, not so plainly tagged) that $$$$ is the reason we do not.

edit-wrong link!
LOL Chewie you sound just like a commercial [img]smile.gif[/img] Im pretty sure if they used hemp the way they use the products you mentioned that there would be just as much wastage and pollution caused. Pretty much any material that goes into mainstream manufacturing produces its own waste products [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh and I thought it was COSTING us Billions of $$ to keep hemp out of circulation?

Old 08-25-2002, 09:08 PM   #77
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
The part about a Human Being not being comparable to a Spotted Owl.

I'll leave you with your opinion since we have some mutual admiration for each other (I think lol). I really don't want to get into a discussion on what species are more important than others since I don't feel that any one is superior to another, esp humans.

Ahhh I see [img]smile.gif[/img] I understand now [img]smile.gif[/img] thank you for de-confuzzeling me [img]smile.gif[/img] And with that I will bid you a fond good night, I am tired and work comes early tomorrow [img]smile.gif[/img] Take care Moni.

Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 AM   #78
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

You can't say Americans are all stereotyping bigots, the statement is incorrect and thus hypocritical. If I think ill of something, it has had to affect me personally.
I can't recall anything bad of general consensus of Europeans. All nationalities have their built in strengths. But all sentiment must be directed individually. If I said I hated Europeans, I would be arrogant, racist, ignorant, etc. I don't hate Europeans.
All countries have their bad spots in their history. Genocide, pogroms, extortion, crime, revolts, inhumane crimes, all splatter their face across every nation's history.
I say what we did to Japan was fair game, once you attack another nation's homeland, all bets are off, the rules have just gone out the window, be prepared for dirty fighting on both ends, and lots of heated feelings for decades to come. If we had done that to them, they would have every right to kick our asses off the face of the planet.
You can't say that your ENTIRE history is good. Our 'policing' Latin America was shameful. What we did to Hawaii, that is inexcusable, it was extortion, invasion, conquering of a free people in an illegal manner. So, to wrap this up, as an American, I'm not very patriotic, but I don't hate my country. I wouldn't have been there to throw garbage at soldiers returning from Vietnam, but I would protest the war. I would run from a draft, and praise those who had the guts to not do the same. That is all.
Old 08-26-2002, 12:31 PM   #79
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
You can't say Americans are all stereotyping bigots, the statement is incorrect and thus hypocritical. If I think ill of something, it has had to affect me personally.
I can't recall anything bad of general consensus of Europeans. All nationalities have their built in strengths. But all sentiment must be directed individually. If I said I hated Europeans, I would be arrogant, racist, ignorant, etc. I don't hate Europeans.
All countries have their bad spots in their history. Genocide, pogroms, extortion, crime, revolts, inhumane crimes, all splatter their face across every nation's history.
I say what we did to Japan was fair game, once you attack another nation's homeland, all bets are off, the rules have just gone out the window, be prepared for dirty fighting on both ends, and lots of heated feelings for decades to come. If we had done that to them, they would have every right to kick our asses off the face of the planet.
You can't say that your ENTIRE history is good. Our 'policing' Latin America was shameful. What we did to Hawaii, that is inexcusable, it was extortion, invasion, conquering of a free people in an illegal manner. So, to wrap this up, as an American, I'm not very patriotic, but I don't hate my country. I wouldn't have been there to throw garbage at soldiers returning from Vietnam, but I would protest the war. I would run from a draft, and praise those who had the guts to not do the same. That is all.
I pretty much agree with everything you just said, except I would not run from the draft, but I would protest against a draft, since the "All Volunteer" force has worked to such supurb excellence. Unless the US home land were in danger of being invaded (furtive glance at canada) I cannot see any reason why a Draft would be excusable.

Old 08-26-2002, 04:52 PM   #80
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

About old trees... they're just as important as the young ones... Old trees (forests) are a part of the ecosystem. And they also have deep roots and absorb lots of water. If we cut down the forests floods will get even worse because there will be nothing to absorb the extra water. And also, imagine how it would be if all the elderly people would suddenly be wiped out from the population... If we cut only old trees the ecosystem will be destroyed because they're a part of it. [img]smile.gif[/img] The same with the spotted owl. [img]smile.gif[/img]