Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #91
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Your posts have spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax mistakes too. We haven't cast you on the coals for that yet have we? LOL
Please, do "cast me on the coals". Whenever i spell something wrong, tell me.

Btw, I said Irak because thats what it is in our country. And it says Irak in my(Estonian) world globe so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Forgot to captilize your I.
[/QUOTE]Oh, sorry. On my way to fix that [img]smile.gif[/img] .

You know, it would be kinda cool if you would haunt me and report my every spelling mistake [img]smile.gif[/img] .
[/QUOTE]Well guess what, it would also be cool if people didnt constantly bash America, but no go.

[ 08-26-2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-26-2002, 08:40 PM   #92
Moni

Quote:
Dammit, Now all the americans in IW hate me.

Why do i always have to be so f***ing open-minded!? I guess it runs in my evil estonian blood.
I don't hate you!

Old 08-26-2002, 08:42 PM   #93
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Young fast growers will suck up just as much water. Not that Im saying Old growth isnt a part of the eco-system, Im just saying it isnt the holy grail that some people make it ouut to be. After all Europe is doing pretty well without most of its old growth..life goes on and things continue to thrive. Though I guess that there really isnt a "lot" of forest in western europe right now.
Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the floods in Europe being so severe this year. Ya think it would make some people think.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:56 PM   #94
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Young fast growers will suck up just as much water. Not that Im saying Old growth isnt a part of the eco-system, Im just saying it isnt the holy grail that some people make it ouut to be. After all Europe is doing pretty well without most of its old growth..life goes on and things continue to thrive. Though I guess that there really isnt a "lot" of forest in western europe right now.
Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the floods in Europe being so severe this year. Ya think it would make some people think.[/QUOTE]
Moni [img]smile.gif[/img] silly goil [img]smile.gif[/img] I think the Forests of Western Europe have been gone for a long long time. It didn't happen just this summer ya know [img]smile.gif[/img] You were just trying to make me laugh [img]smile.gif[/img] Besides I think the Flooding I have been reading about have been in eastrn Europe.

[ 08-26-2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 08-26-2002, 08:59 PM   #95
Moni

Quote:

Moni [img]smile.gif[/img] silly goil [img]smile.gif[/img] I think the Forests of Western Europe have been gone for a long long time. It didn't happen just this summer ya know [img]smile.gif[/img] You were just trying to make me laugh [img]smile.gif[/img] Besides I think the Flooding I have been reading about have been in eastrn Europe.
[img]smile.gif[/img] Well did it make you stop and think? LOL

Old 08-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #96
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Well next to you I am a Raving Bush Fanatic but I will still watch and keep my eyes open. Just 'cause I like him doesnt mean I forgot my favorite presidents motto, "Trust but Verify" [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've often wondered, MagiK. What it is it that makes you like The Bush so much. Is it the result of too much Clinton dislike. You have often said you are not a registered Republican, so please, enlighten me.

Thanx, in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
[/QUOTE]
LOL Hehehe far be it from me to enlighten anyone [img]smile.gif[/img] All I can hope to do is moderate the rabid leftists in my general vicinity

Ok why do I like him,

(Please remember these are just my impressions and NOT documented facts)

1. He comes accross as a real human not a suit. Not a Stuffed shirt.
2. He turned his life around when he was young and headed for disaster he found his faith (not mine by the way) and seems to have lived by it.
3. He earned a spot as a fighter pilot and I tend to respect those guys.
4. He speaks his mind, he is not the slick politician and he talks like me [img]smile.gif[/img] (minus the southern drawl.)
5. Watching televised and one live speech he impressed me as a man who speaks his mind and is not concerned about polls (unlike the previous administration which couldnt take a dump without a poll)
6. I liked his over all accomplishments in Texas and the people of Texas apparently really liked what he did there too. (I know there are one or two texans here who hate him though)
7. Given the choice of GOre and Bush, Bush stands for what I believe in far far far more than Gore did...Actually I think Gore was/is the Hyde to my Dr. Jekyl [img]smile.gif[/img] or vice versa.
8. My gut tells me he is a good man and not nearly as corrupt as some here accuse him of being.

You know, when deciding on National Policy about things like Timber and Oil and Coal and Gas and Electricity...it does make sense to talk to folks who actually know a little bit about those subjects, and there are no better experts on those subjects anywhere than in the private sector of the USA. Just because he talks to them and accepts input from them does not mean he takes that advice ONLY because he has been paid off....Having been to Anwar and seen the decepticve ad campaigns run by the anti-drilling crowd I know that drilling for Oil there is NOT going to cause a global or even regional catastrophe. Anwar is not some wilderness wonderland...it is mostly hard frozen tundra that doesnt ever thaw more than a couple of inches deep.......ick any way hope that helps some Skywalker, I would love to be able to vote Libertarian but that would waste my ote and possibly give the Dems the edge....of course living in Maryland...the HOME of the Welfare state Any vote I make is basicly wasted. Hehehe ya got me revved up the Marko [img]smile.gif[/img]
By the way I actully do have to register as a republican here if I want to vote in the primaries...but Im not happy about it.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:23 PM   #97
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Ah, Thats the damn problem! Yes, i meant America not Americans, now, please dont kill me, ban me, or whatever me!
Understood fully. Quite an easy mistake to make. Calm down, uss; we don't ban people for such things! [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-26-2002, 09:39 PM   #98
Moni

Quote:

LOL Hehehe far be it from me to enlighten anyone [img]smile.gif[/img] All I can hope to do is moderate the rabid leftists in my general vicinity

Ok why do I like him,

(Please remember these are just my impressions and NOT documented facts)

1. He comes accross as a real human not a suit. Not a Stuffed shirt.
2. He turned his life around when he was young and headed for disaster he found his faith (not mine by the way) and seems to have lived by it.
3. He earned a spot as a fighter pilot and I tend to respect those guys.
4. He speaks his mind, he is not the slick politician and he talks like me [img]smile.gif[/img] (minus the southern drawl.)
5. Watching televised and one live speech he impressed me as a man who speaks his mind and is not concerned about polls (unlike the previous administration which couldnt take a dump without a poll)
6. I liked his over all accomplishments in Texas and the people of Texas apparently really liked what he did there too. (I know there are one or two texans here who hate him though)
7. Given the choice of GOre and Bush, Bush stands for what I believe in far far far more than Gore did...Actually I think Gore was/is the Hyde to my Dr. Jekyl [img]smile.gif[/img] or vice versa.
8. My gut tells me he is a good man and not nearly as corrupt as some here accuse him of being.

You know, when deciding on National Policy about things like Timber and Oil and Coal and Gas and Electricity...it does make sense to talk to folks who actually know a little bit about those subjects, and there are no better experts on those subjects anywhere than in the private sector of the USA. Just because he talks to them and accepts input from them does not mean he takes that advice ONLY because he has been paid off....Having been to Anwar and seen the decepticve ad campaigns run by the anti-drilling crowd I know that drilling for Oil there is NOT going to cause a global or even regional catastrophe. Anwar is not some wilderness wonderland...it is mostly hard frozen tundra that doesnt ever thaw more than a couple of inches deep.......ick any way hope that helps some Skywalker, I would love to be able to vote Libertarian but that would waste my ote and possibly give the Dems the edge....of course living in Maryland...the HOME of the Welfare state Any vote I make is basicly wasted. Hehehe ya got me revved up the Marko [img]smile.gif[/img]
By the way I actully do have to register as a republican here if I want to vote in the primaries...but Im not happy about it.

RABID LOL

OK, here you go.....

1. All monkeys look cute when you dress them up nice.

2. So have a lot of better people and you don't see them stealing from you either.

3. If you knew any personally, you might change your mind.

4. I give you more credit than that, don't be so hard on yourself!

5. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

6. Yeah the majority of big Texas Businesses that run state policies really made out well by killing the mentally challenged and trimming down family incomes while stuffing the extra wads of cash into their own pockets.
Are ou aware that the governor of Texas has no authority? Ever wonder why he was placed in that position? Could it have been to keep him from having any real power? Perhaps the seat was bought in order to boost his political standings in the coming run for the presidency...not that he needed to be popular with the nation in order to be appointed by daddy's friends.

Oh yeah, again, if you happen to be referring to me as one of the Texans here who hate him, I'll repeat myself and I honestly hope you see it this time and take me seriously because I am likely to just not talk to you anymore if you don't give me more credit than that.
It honestly offends me to be referred to as hateful, esp from people who have never experienced the hate from others that I have. You don't know what hate is.
"Just because I think he is the most inappropriate choice, er, excuse me, appointee, as president in the history of this country should, in no way, be misconstrued as hate for the man.
I don't hate anybody."

7. Well that made absolutely no sense and I am not even going to try to touch it.

8. You're just hungry.

[img]tongue.gif[/img] Told you you're a Republican LOL

Old 08-26-2002, 10:55 PM   #99
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

I don't hate you, and I'm a goddamn New Yorker! (We give the US a bad name) I know what hate is. Hate is a group of skinheads defiling a synagogue, hate is a chapter of the Union of the Militant Godless (A real smear on Atheist kind, my people have yet to live those bastards down) burning churches and murdering Christians. Hate is murdering 30 homosexuals because you can't accept that you're gay (Jeffrey Dahmer). Hate is 12 million innocent people murdered in the name of ethnic-cleansing, simply because they failed to fit your picture. Hate is murdering, raping, and torturing to the psychotic excess because you can, because the Chinese subjugates under you are defenseless. Hate is starving a man for being black. These are some things to call manifestations of hate. Hate is unproductive. And DON'T call Bush a monkey! You make yourself more ridiculous by doing so. You try to sound intellectual by comparing a middle aged politician to a Higher primate of another species... It's plain retarded.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:32 AM   #100
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Please, do "cast me on the coals". Whenever I spell something wrong, tell me.

Btw, I said Irak because thats what it is in our country. And it says Irak in my(Estonian) world globe so
We also say IRAK and not IRAQ in this contry (Norway) so that is not wrong and my spelling in english is horrible but you guy is used to my bad spelling so you dont tell me when i write something in the wrong way hehe then i never learn to write better
Maby we should start a english spelling school here on IW...

BTW one thing that irretating me is in this contry they allvais complaining about how "fat" the american peoples are, and the say be careful so we dont get any American situation here because the peoples are beginning to be fat here to, they eat burgers on Mc Donalds all days in the week and so on. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-27-2002, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]