Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 10:41 AM   #51
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
Hey everyone. Whats secret santa?

Hey Neb, your Danish so will you answer this for me. Do they have nissen in Denmark still?

Barb, nissen are completely imaginary creatures that noone except little children believe in, and I actually think that hardly any little children do believe in them, so I can't really say that we still have them here since we've never had them.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:46 AM   #52
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Barb, nissen are completely imaginary creatures that noone except little children believe in, and I actually think that hardly any little children do believe in them, so I can't really say that we still have them here since we've never had them.

wait. know that they are fake, I was wondering if they were still imaginary. Does that make sense? Anyway, people still treats from the nissen at advent?
Old 12-06-2001, 11:39 AM   #53
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

few regular vcrs, one dvd player and on vcr that plays PAL or the US style {forget the abbrev. NTSR?} format).

It's NTSC format, I didn't learn the difference until I spent a year in Kuwait, but basicall, PAL has a framerate of 25, NTSC has a framerate of 30, and film (movies in theater, type places) has a frame rate of 24.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:50 PM   #54
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

(Looks at the chocolate muffins. Looks at the bangers and mash. Sighs. Covers the bangers and mash with her napkin, nabs a chocolate muffin.) munch, munch. Thanks for the muffin, Avatar. Hi, Cloudy, sorry about your day. hi, Morguaut. Neb, the education nissen just told me to tell you to do your homework. Hi, Barb, how's the new guild coming. Anybody seen Elif? Do we have a baby, yet?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-06-2001, 02:32 PM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Morgeruat ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

ROTFL! Elif, by the time you and your wife have that new baby, you'll have us ALL asking hourly "is she here yet?!" We are purrrty anxious for you to have her already!

Chocolate muffins... mmmmmmm *drool*

Cloudy
Old 12-06-2001, 02:34 PM   #56
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Do you know for sure if it is a boy or a girl?
Old 12-06-2001, 02:36 PM   #57
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

(grabsa another chocolate muffin, to keep Neb from getting any. Goes to Food Bank, gives bangers and mash to starving dog)So, Lady Cloudbringer,(great name, BTW) how did you get to be a Mod? I gather you work for a school.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-06-2001, 03:05 PM   #58
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*grabs another muffin* Thank you Galadria, I like the name too! [img]smile.gif[/img]
As to mod-status, that's something Ziroc decided recently. I've been around IW since January, maybe he just wanted to torture me for all my spam? Seriously, I've been helping the mods out for a while in an unofficial capacity and Z needed more help when he opened up the new Role Play board. I used to do a lot of rp'ing on the old 'blue' board of IW before we moved here and a fair amount in the early days on this 'new' board. My sig has leftovers from the first IW roleplayed romance saga in it. LOL hmmm.. those threads must be around someplace, can't do a proper 'search' anymore as it only goes back to most recent upgrade!

Yes, I'm an administrative asst/secretary in a University language/lit and culture program.

What is it that you do? I saw someplace that you had to be in your office early?

CB
Old 12-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #59
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

(Takes bite of muffin) Oh, I'm a doctor, part time. My husband runs the office, every day, and I come in three days a week, to do the pediatrics. He is a general surgeon who also does general practice. Four days a week, I'm just a mommy.
Old 12-06-2001, 06:58 PM   #60
Tiger
Dungeon Master

Location: A mystical castle hidden away in the midst of the jungle
Hi guys!! i am bored!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] bye
, <br />*Almighty Queen Of the Jungle* <br />Member of the HADB Clan<br />Magical Tiger at the Court of Lady Lioness<br />Lady of Tigers Teddy Bear (hence his name)<br />Grrrrrrrr! Roar! Meow!<br /> [IMG]ubb/NonCGI/smiles/nibble6.gif[/IMG]