Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
GOLDDRAGON21
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just started bg2 and was wondering what would be some of the best classes to use. I have started out with a sorceror (wish I could spell), was this a wise decision?
GOLDDRAGON21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
koconnor100
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by GOLDDRAGON21:
I have just started bg2 and was wondering what would be some of the best classes to use. I have started out with a sorceror (wish I could spell), was this a wise decision?

Sorcerers and grunts (fighter types) are the easiest to play. You may later want to start over again with a different class, but it's a huge game , learn the mechanics of it first with your charactar before you do that. Pick up a party of npc's and learn how to play them as well , using their talents. Then , after you've played for a while with a party comprising of every major class (fighter , mage cleric thief) , start over with whichever one suited your fancy best.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:36 PM   #3
GOLDDRAGON21
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know this may sound ignorant (well I am as of this point), but can you import your single palyer characters into multiplayer games? And if you can do this dosen't that lead to some major cheating?
GOLDDRAGON21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:07 AM   #4
koconnor100
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by GOLDDRAGON21:
I know this may sound ignorant (well I am as of this point), but can you import your single palyer characters into multiplayer games? And if you can do this dosen't that lead to some major cheating?

You can import your single player charactar into a brand new multi player game, so no that is not cheating. And a single player game you cannot import a charactar , except at the very beginning when generating a new game.

Unfortunately , a multiplayer game you can export and import the same charactar over and over and over again, which does lend itself to cheating, ie: just before getting rewarded for a big quest save, get rewarded, export, reload, import, get xp and treasure again , repeat as desired.

It's a hole. But I don't use it. Too Cheesy. Ruins the game.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:33 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think that Fighter/Mages are the best because of buffing spells adding to there fighting skills some great tactics can be made with them... especially in duels.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 03:41 AM   #6
duragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i like the fighters that can stand toe to toe with anything including dragons. abd i hate it when confident mages just shoot out hold person and do target practice...dont get me wrong i love mages. but i dont like fighters being to hyped up on 1 weapon. i finally came to a solution for my needs. barbarian. an awesome fighter with a variety of weapons they can use (because they can only get 2 slots in a proficiency) and the barbarian beserk i like better than the beserker one. they dont get winded and they get plus' on str and sonstitution. they are immune to holds etc... my barbarian kicked ass. however some people may dissagree.
Old 03-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #7
Jim
Quintesson

Good kits that i've played and enjoyed:

Kensai
Barbarian
Monk
Priest of Helm
Swashbuckler
Assassin
Sorcerer
Necromancer or Conjurer
Cavalier
Blade

The sorcerer is extremely powerful, but do you know your spells extremely well? If so then game on....

and welcome to the board GOLDDRAGON21
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 07:50 AM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by koconnor100:
Sorcerers and grunts (fighter types) are the easiest to play.

Sorcerers might be reasonably easy to play, but if you don't know the spells well, and newcomers to the game usually don't, it's pretty hard to choose which spells to get on level-ups. Which makes a Mage the best class for beginners who want to check out the magic. I would recommend a Sorcerer only to an experienced player, who knows his magic well, as the choice of spells at level-up is vital for this class.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 07:54 AM   #9
Jan

It is a good idea to start the game as a fighter if you are a newbi. A fighter is easy to play. Learn the game, spells etc. Then you can play with a more difficult class.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:14 AM   #10
meatman
Welcomed New User

hello all
i am pritty new to the game. i have played threw once with a party i made in multiplayer. i also used a cheat for a few items like arrows, bullits and some equipment. nothing outragouse I just found it fustrating haveing to reload all the time from dieing. anyway it gave me a chance to learn the game and try differant equipment. now i have a non-cheat party. i have found the sorc. to be pritty powerfull and easyer to keep alive. i also used a cleric in my first party who was great(she didn't need any cheating to stay alive).
anyway. i have been reading this bb for a bit now and have seen posts about cheating. both for and against. i would suggest getting one of these editors or cheats to make it a bit easyer to learn the game. but i don't like useing cheats just for the hell of it.
also i have found it easyer to use mulitplayer and make my own party. this gave me a chance to use all the classes. however now i am useing the NPCs in the game with no cheats. as many have said befor, this is the way to releay exp the game to its full potenial.
well hope i made some sence. please exsuce the poor spelling i will use my spell check in the future, in a bit of a rush this morning.
thanks, tom
meatman is offline   Reply With Quote