Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 12:50 AM   #1
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I've heard so much about this game, and am looking for another Baldur's Gate style RPG to get stuck right into... but I've run into a small problem in trying to obtain a copy of it.

I'm from Melbourne, and I've been to a few local games shops, and haven't managed to find a place which either has it, or can order it in. I guess its pretty old now, so its understandable that it would be out of print.

I haven't looked around seriously yet, but does anyone know any ordering systems for that sort of thing; online or otherwise?

And also, did you enjoy playing Planescape?
Old 02-03-2003, 02:51 AM   #2
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Chance of anyone reading this:

5%

cheers for moving it
Old 02-03-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Planescape Torment is thé best RPG around. Though not quite as large, I think its better then BGII. Its a bit lower on the action, and alot higher on the dialogue.
As for ordering online, have you tried EBay, or Amazon?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
dragonslayer
Manshoon

you go sylent!! PS:T is the kick ass game for any rpg fan [img]smile.gif[/img] i think [img]smile.gif[/img] soooo goood!!!
[img]redface.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: dragonslayer ]
Old 02-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #5
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Sounds like the kind of game I want to play [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll try amazon and e-bay too, thanks
Old 02-04-2003, 05:32 AM   #6
Malstein
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sylent,

Have you tried Electronics Boutique they have 16 stores in Victoria, they may have some old copies kicking around.

I purchased a copy from the TheGamesWizards in NSW for about $29- last year but I don't think they have any stores in Vic.

However Military Simulations is based in Victoria
http://www.milsims.com.au/
134 Cochranes Road, Moorabbin Vic 3189 Australia
PO Box 1164, Moorabin Vic 3189 Australia
Phone Australia 03 9555 8886 Fax 03 9553 3339

Here it is in their online catalogue:
AD&D PLANESCAPE: Torment. SSI. Set in the city of Sigil, but you can also visit the other planes.You play a scarred, amnesiac immortal in search of his identity. You must discover the secret of your death and rebirth. Your own actions define your character's character, not a character generation screen. Explore Sigil, a vast city of magic and industry. Manage an adventuring party of the strangest allies. This is not a game which you have to play for 20 hours before you can cast spells. You are a power to be reckoned with (as is most everybody else in Sigil!) IBM Requires: Pen 200 MMX, Windows '95, 32mbRAM, 8spCD-ROM, 4mbSVGA. IBM - $33.00

If you do get the game vist http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/index.htm
for some helpful files and info.
Malstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:40 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Sylent - I have run into you once or twice before and you always seem pretty friendly. My email is in the profile - write to me and include your address and I will send you my copy. I had lots of fun with it, but there is a growing pile of finished games building up in the computer room and I realise I won't get to replay everything. The postage to Melbourne will be only a buck or two for me, so let me know if you want it.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I went to EB games (I think thats Electronic Boutiques), and the guy there just laughed when I asked if they had it.
I'll shop around a bit more, check out video games heaven and stuff.

Thanks a heap for the offer Davros, and I might take you up on it, but I wouldn't want to trouble you unecessarily, so I'll let you know how I get on.

thanks again.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #9
Mister Natural
Manshoon

I actually saw it recently in the bargain section of my local Wal-Mart (USA) for $9.00. I would have picked it up, except I already have it.
I'd check any computer stores in your area that have a pc gaming section and check the bargain bins. Maybe there's a place that has used games in your area.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:24 AM   #10
imported_Illidan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One thing that makes it a lot to easy is that the game slows down when you cast a powerful spells like cloudkill