Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 07:05 AM   #1
Cass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
A
H
E
A
D
Bribed the wizards to kill Ployer. When after speaking with him at his house in the Slums wizads appear killed them with "fake talking" before they've wasted the bastard. BUT... Or m****f***er dies just from no reason or he stays alive but DOESN'T talk to me. Anyway the game crashes. The only way is ALT+F4.
The guy supposed to talk to me and I'm to let him live just to Jaheira waste'im herself. For what is 21,250 xp. AND after that another 21,250 for getting her hair from the corpse and removing the curse...
Anyone managed to get it right?
Old 01-20-2002, 10:08 AM   #2
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

Yeah my one worked out juss fine... i dunno bout u tho
Old 01-20-2002, 01:13 PM   #3
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

I'm puzzled. I did it a bunch of times and I've neve never bribed the wizards. I just go there, and kill them all, let Jah pick ou her hair, and she doews her dialog that says she's feeling better and that we should sleep for 24 hours. Only sugestion I can make is to do it that way.
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 03:05 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

I avoid the "fake talking" tactic because it sometimes interferes with active scripts. Sounds like you may have run afoul of that.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:35 PM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Maybe you're supposed to bribe the wizards to abandon, instead of killing, Ployer? Meaning to say that when you confront him, and he calls them in, they won't appear.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:44 PM   #6
strangelove
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You should bribe wizards before the confrontation so they won't show up at all. Then, when you get in the dialog with him, demand the bit of hair from him, but tell him you'll spare his life. You then get the first xp. Jah then takes him out anyway and you should get the same xp again. At least that's how it worked for me.

Unless you're trying to get the xp for killing the wizards too, which I haven't tried yet.

-sb

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: strangelove ]

Old 01-20-2002, 11:50 PM   #7
Iromulod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I bribed the wizards not to show, 500 gp i think, went bak to the derelict house, spared him his life and then was ran through by Jaheira,
got more XP i think, but i don't think it was double the amount.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:51 PM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yep Strangeglove that is what happenz [img]smile.gif[/img] And i do believe u get 3x the experience of just going there and killing him straight off.... u get a bit for the bribe, a bit 4 getting the hair... and a bit for Jah Killing the bastard
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 08:13 AM   #9
Cass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Glorfindel, Strangelove, yep you're right, but...
There's supposed to be the way to make MOST of it:
1) bribe the wizards to KILL Ployer (more xp) instead of only for not showing up
2) kill the wizards after they appear YOURSELF (for xp and their stuff)
3) then Ployer SUPPOSED to talk with you and you let him live just for Jaheira wasting him herself (21,250 xp)
4) getting her hair from the corpse (21,250 xp)
I know poeple whos done it, only maybe it sometimes works and sometimes no, don't know. Cause in mine game Ployer doesn't talk to me after he's left alive, just sais that he's waiting for someone after what he dies just like some crazy suicidal [img]smile.gif[/img] Blah and thats it... [img]smile.gif[/img]