Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2001, 05:23 AM   #81
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

PICS?! IM IN!!!!

Missed your last, last uh... so far post... yah! Just enjoy your trip! hehe your welcome!

And man, you sure are enjoying this eh? Im just so happy for ya! Meet any new friends? haha!

We'll meet sometime, I mean Zor and me... hehe
Old 02-10-2001, 06:55 AM   #82
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hey Yorick, if you should ever grace Edinburgh, or even more importantly, Preston Pans, I would greatly appreciate it if you could get some pics there. I haven't been there since around 87 and wonder how much it has changed. Lot of good memories there. Wish I could foot the bill to visit once again, but for now, I'm stuck here in the US. Appreciate the updates though. It's almost as if we are there too. Well, ok, maybe not, but our hearts are there. Take care mate.
Old 02-10-2001, 09:27 AM   #83
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yorick hey buddy how ya doin and yea i was talking about a DragonLance humanoid sorry ,so has the trip going ,i have always wanted to go to the Brittish Isles sso you going to post some of the pictures here ,just for us that haven't travled YET(i will by God's grace travel to Europe)but it's nice to hear you tales,and you seem to meet Aussies every where you go,that to cool at least they have coffee with you ,i think most of the people that travel from here wouldn't do that ,but we know my feelings about Americans ,so keep us posted !
Old 02-10-2001, 06:17 PM   #84
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well im posting here for some reasons:

- This topic was already in page 3, and i wanted to bump it again to FrontPage

- Yorick, i wanted to know if you are coming to Spain

- Yorick, i received another song (dont walk away) and i think its really GREAT. Right now im receiving round and around, i still have to join it BUT i feel a little bad having all these songs by mail, id like to have them in CD. Do you have a CD ?? if you have, how (and where) could i buy it ?? I guess that this question has been already replied, but i am on exams now and i REALLY dont have time to read about 90 posts here, sorry

THANKS YORICK AND HAVE FUN IN YOUR JOURNEYS

OH, BTW, what means "sojourner" ??
Old 02-11-2001, 10:58 AM   #85
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hey Ertai,
I got a mail from you (the one you mentioned in the Chain story thread) but it wouldn't open. Very odd. Could you try sending it again. I have another email called hugh@thebards.com which I rarely use, but you
could try cc'ing it to there.

I sojourner is a traveller. I have a couple of CDs that were released in Australia only. (One album and three singles through Polydor (1992/93), and two singles through BMG (199- and an unreleased album - with a band called Vertigo (not the American band of the same name) Vertigo are now called Invertigo and have a new vocalist BTW. Doing well here.

Then there are hordes of unreleased songs some of which I'm hoping to release. It is some of these which I've been sending to Moiraine/Ladyzekke et al as it's where I'm at now. oh, I also recorded an independent album (1996) with Charles Fisher (Savage Gardens producer) that I then didn't release because I joined Vertigo.

I don't mind doing CD burns for people if the MP3 format fails to sonically please the ear.

I got a taste of the London nightlife last night. Managed to get into one of these 'invite only' club/parties.

I like London. I've been seeing a fair bit of it. Still in 'experience mode' rather than 'reflection mode' which occurs afterwards.
Old 02-11-2001, 11:00 AM   #86
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

(sigh) sorry, should be:
A sojourner is a traveller.
(new para)
I have a couple....etc
Old 02-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #87
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

mail on the way sojourner !!
Old 02-11-2001, 11:19 AM   #88
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

oh i forgot:

yorick, could you send me the lyrics ?? as im spanish i cant understand all the things you say and i would like to.

Never stop moving !!!

oh, and are you coming to spain ??

CU
Old 02-12-2001, 12:17 AM   #89
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I MET DONUT(son of Donut)!!
Top guy, we hung around the wheatsheaf having some mighty fine English Cider and having a great yarn. We didn't sight Gabriel or Charlie unfortunately but then Charlie did say he was pretty busy.

I'm down in Salisbury (or up from an Australian/French/Antarctic perspective). Checked out the Magna Carta and a beautiful Cathedral. The town is very pretty, little rivers small doorwayed houses, a thatched roof or two as well. I'm in a pretty hip IMac filled Internet cafe now.

I've been having pretty intense feelings about stuff I've seen and because I'm still experiencing haven't been able to reflect on it properly, so thus am unable to accurately convey my thoughts. Things like the fact that the first literature I loved as a child (Narnia/LOR/Wind in the willows etc) had a very distinct English flavour, mean that a chord is well and truly struck when I'm here.
Other things such as the fact that Australian cities/architecture/planted Gardens etc, have been modelled on English countryside rather than native bush - though it has been changing - give the places here an authenticity.

Also there are no Castles in Aust. so a BG/Fantasy etc. loving fellow like myself stands agape at the history before my eyes when confronted with them. Doing it by myself leaves plenty of room for thought, prayer and self analysis too.

Hmmm I shall go now, back down the narrow streets - some cobbled - to the cosy English Inn I'm staying, grab myself another very tasty local Cider and get an early night (for a change) then have a hearty English Breakfast of Beans,Bacon,Sauage,tomato and toast and head on.
Old 02-12-2001, 08:50 PM   #90
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Sorry i miss you guys, i ran into a few problems, like going broke, having a fight with a pair of siccors and losing.
How long are you staying in England, and where are you heading to now?