Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2002, 02:56 PM   #1
God Gundam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First question : I've been looking for a way to come up on where to put my points whenever I level up regarding the Valkyrie. Which attribute must I MAX out first?

Second : What race is REALLY best for the Valkyrie?

Third : I stumbled on a website that focus on Wiz8 character building. I then forgot where it was. Can anyone tell me where I can find it. The person who created the site is nicknamed Atluseven or something.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:12 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

aaaahhh yes, good old AtlusSeven. he's written some of the best "Spotlights" on the classes of wizardry.

surely jandrall's looted stuff is the site you mention. don't overlook boscher's treatises either. both of them have put much thought into their analyses, so look over both.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

EDIT:
since you can't put 6 points into an attribute at level up, i ALWAYS focus on Piety and Vitality for my Valk. moving to Senses and split STR/DEX after she's reached 100 in pie/vit. i LOVE having my Valk use a heavy pike or awl or spear, but have a high enough initiative that she goes in the first 2 attacks.

[ 10-19-2002, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 10-21-2002, 12:48 AM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

When I played a valkyrie, I concentrated on attack rating. That means I put points in strength and dexterity to make the valkyrie hit more often. I also had a bishop in the party that could cast superman at level 8 so I didn't really have to worry about stats.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:20 AM   #4
Oruboris

Thats always been my valk strategy, too: make 'em hit, hard. Best thing about valks is the cheat death ability.

I often switched 'em to a sword early on, as in smaller parties you get more good swords than you get people to use 'em, and bows for ranged. Never got them good enough at magic to be real useful, though once they can, I always use them for healing and any buffs possible: good practice for them, and allows the real magikers to conserve manna.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #5
DraconisRex

Wowsers. It's been a while.

I usually played my Valkyries as back-up clerics/fighters and positioned as flanker/rear guards with pikes & sword/sheld (for close work). I also tend to move my characters from spot to spot within the party during combat.

Therefore, I spread the points between PIE, DEX, VIT & STR. 2-2-1-1. Lots of people don't agree with this formula, so caveat emptor. I also increase senses, but that would usually be later.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:18 PM   #6
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I agree with Kalk, Str/Dex would be what I would focus on at first, then go for Pie and Vit. Also the AtlusSeven posts on Jandrall's site are really old, he changed his mind on alot of what he said there in later threads on the Vault Networks board - they are a good start but not hard + fast rules to live by.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:51 PM   #7
God Gundam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nice advice. Thanks, but how about RACE? I'm losing my mind here on how to make em.