Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2002, 01:00 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

id just like to say that models wear everykinds of freaky and wierd stuff and call it fashion! geez, i recently saw Ricky Lake show, where the episode talked about and showed diffirent hairstyles. it was horrible! they had everykinds of treebranches and those yellow police "DO NOT CROSS" tags on their hair. and to make it even more wierd, ppl commented them like "the best hairstyles ive ever seen!" and crap! hmm, i wonder.. if i would cut a hole in my monitor and put it over my head, then go to the Ricky Lake show, what would people say? i think it would be like "el magnifico!! the best hairstyle ever! why didnt i think of that?". hehe..
so remember- take the career of a model, put something very sick and wierd on you(otherwise, you wouldnt win ) and get millions of dollars. ahh, gaining money is easy when it involves idiots.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i think the same goes for a paint artist(or whatever its called)
Old 05-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ha. Ya, sum of these models you see today just make you think : can they be serious?
But if their job is to go on stage in front of millions and parade about wearing a window frame, it's their job. Doesn't mean we can't laugh at them though. Those losers.

Those stupid, stinking rich losers.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:06 PM   #3
Horatio

Thanx, uss, made me feel all sad and poor. And I forgot something.

*rushes at uss with a rusty knife and oily hammer*

Heh, heh. That'll learn 'im. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 05-03-2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 05-03-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
Luigi17
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I sorta agree with you, but I don't really pay attention to hair styles. The only modeling show I ever watched was the Victoria's Secret fasion show, because it's hot women prancing around in their underwear.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #5
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

What makes me angry is the brand-naming that is being done around here. If you don't wear A.E. or Old Navy youre not cool. Its the stupidest thing I have ever experianced. If you want to spend fifty dollars more for the same amount of clothes and call it cool.... then you are stupid.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Eh, fashion is like art, what the elite dictates it is, it is. I've heard of sh*t in a can being called art, same goes for a pig's corpse in a glass box. And most paintings just look like random dots and lines anyway, hell, if you're down on your luck you might as well buy a sheet of paper and some paint, then randomly slap the paint on the paper, stomp on it a few times and call it art. With a bit of luck someone will agree and you'll be a millionaire in no-time.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:11 PM   #7
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Mandorallen:
What makes me angry is the brand-naming that is being done around here. If you don't wear A.E. or Old Navy youre not cool. Its the stupidest thing I have ever experianced. If you want to spend fifty dollars more for the same amount of clothes and call it cool.... then you are stupid.
*looks down at brand new, $60 worth Nike Jeans*

Damn. :embarrassed:

But I totally agree. Your basically paying for that small logo that can't be seen unless your under ten feet away.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #8
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

where outlandish fashion is concerned... the oddest things can simply look fabulous on some people but would look incredibly silly on others. the restrictive fashion dictates common nowadays really make a mockery of fashion imo... if you think something looks good on you, wear it. if not, don´t bother.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:39 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
id just like to say that models wear everykinds of freaky and wierd stuff and call it fashion! geez, i recently saw Ricky Lake show, where the episode talked about and showed diffirent hairstyles. it was horrible! they had everykinds of treebranches and those yellow police "DO NOT CROSS" tags on their hair. and to make it even more wierd, ppl commented them like "the best hairstyles ive ever seen!" and crap! hmm, i wonder.. if i would cut a hole in my monitor and put it over my head, then go to the Ricky Lake show, what would people say? i think it would be like "el magnifico!! the best hairstyle ever! why didnt i think of that?". hehe..
so remember- take the career of a model, put something very sick and wierd on you(otherwise, you wouldnt win ) and get millions of dollars. ahh, gaining money is easy when it involves idiots.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i think the same goes for a paint artist(or whatever its called)
you're not taking the ricky lakeshow serious, are you ?
Old 05-03-2002, 01:42 PM   #10
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

well first of all the models don't get paid to design it,just to wear it.and second,i doubt you could get into riki lake.they'd turn you away at the door for being too smart.