Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
Feagil of the shadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right, I've started playing BG1, first time, even though I've completed BG2 like 3 or 4 times, I can't believe I haven't finished BG1. Anyway here's my current party:

Ajantis- Level 3 Paladin
Minsc and Boo- Level 3 Ranger and Level 22 Hamster Beserker
Branwen- Level 3 Cleric? Shes got 5750 exp and needs 6000 to level up...
Jaheira- Level 3 Fighter/Druid
Feagil (ME)- Level 4 Thief
Dynaheir- Level 2 Invoker (soon to level up too)

I better put a spoiler tag down now...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Right anyway, I intend to give all tomes to my Thief. I've only got the Tome of Charisma atm... so here are my current stats:

Str-18
Dex- 18
Con- 10 (I think)
Int- 18 (he's gonna dual to a mage later)
Wis- 10
Char- 11

My con maybe 13 I can't remember...
Anyway on to the questions:

1) I want to get as many thieving points as I can. I know where the tome of dexterity is, but how quick should I get it? Will I get more thieving points everytime I level up if I have 19 dex instead of 18?

2) I'm just gonna go get the Tome of Constitution... will my party be up to fighting the monster inside...?

3) Does Wisdom effect mages, like how many spells they can have per level?

4) On BG2, thieving points for stealth are split into move silently and hide in shadows, rather than just stealth. When I import my character, what will happen to his stealth stats? I want him to be very good at pretty much everything...

Thanks for any help you can offer...
Old 10-27-2004, 06:53 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

1) no, you'll get better bonuses on top of your allocated points with the extra DEX (not more points to allocate) - it doesn't matter when you get the tome

2) you've got a couple of magical weapons yes? you'll be fine - you can always run away and go back later

3) no (that's cleric spells for clerics)

4) good question - i have no idea - the fair thing would be to give you your stealth score in each of the SoA skills - that'd a good bonus for an imported v. SoA-created thief [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-27-2004, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When you start BG2, you'll have the option to distribute your Thieving skills and weapon proficiencies ANY way you want them, no matter how you had them in BG1.