Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2002, 09:09 AM   #1
WillowIX
Apophis

I´m sure you´ve never heard that before, lol! Does this site log you out automatically? Sometimes I forget, well almost always lol, to click that logout link. Then again there´s no harm in being logged in all the time is there? But it can get confusing if 10 people forget to log out lol...
Old 05-20-2002, 09:21 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

lol!!!

When you leave, even without loging out, you are no longer listed as being here so don't worry about it. I never bother to log out.

I think the only purpose for loging out would be to browse around as a "guest" so folks don't know you're online or perhaps if you had more than one account (?).

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 09:39 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Ohhh, "open mouth, insert foot" lol!! So I get automatically logged in when returning to the board! I never have to log in when returning after I forgot to log out. Did that make sence, lol? Another question then: Do you know if W&W runs better on win95 than win98? Thinking of testing which compatibility to try on win2k...
Old 05-20-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(grin) The magic of "cookies" - yes, you get automatically logged in if you don't log out! Hey, I didn't always know those things either!

Well - Win2k/Win95/Win98 - I don't know! I have Win 98 on my machine so have never really had to deal with the Win2K problems BUT my impression from reading this board is that you're better off just running Win2K and doing the needed fixes for that (such as the virtualdub fix) than using emulation. I know that in WinXP you're asking for trouble if you try to do a Win98 emulation.

Hopefully one of the more technically minded posters will come along and give us some real answers! Until then, I'm just "winging" it!

Wyv
Old 05-21-2002, 05:49 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Well, the other "fixes" don´t work as well as running in compatibility mode, lol..."Virtualdub + compatibility mode = excellence" lol! And the reason for asking ´bout logging in was mainly cause my browser stops cookies except from certain sites and I haven´t added this one to that list...
Old 05-21-2002, 05:54 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Nevermind, lol.. Apparently I had added it to my list of allowed cookies...
Old 05-21-2002, 08:43 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

My "allowed cookies" are snickerdoodles

Wyv
Old 05-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My allowed cookies contain M&Ms, chocolate, or both...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote