Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 07:55 PM   #1
roleplayermom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Found the Monks ward in the Isle of the sand. Used portal spell then call home spell to level our priest up ( She just became a monk) After leaving Brimloch roon the teleport spell kept saying spell failed. Tried to backstep and go through shrine of Anephas but the raising pillar that goes to Kera is stuck in the up position. Is there a way around this or are we out of luck? Our last save is quite a ways back. ( Stupid us huh!!) Is there another way to get to the lost sea without going through the shrine of Anephas?
roleplayermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, roleplayermom!!!

You don't need to go back up and visit Kerah. You need to use the exit which is off the room in which you raised Anephas from the ashes (looks like a ruined room, columns fallen down etc.) that's the exit back to the Lost Sea area!

When you are casting Create Portal always watch for a message indicating it was successful. There are a few areas in the game where you cannot create a portal. When Create Portal is successfully cast, you will be able to return to that location using the Teleport spell!

Good Luck and do keep us posted!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 04:16 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

I think I know what happened to Roleplayermom. She casted Create Poral, GOT the message "Portal Created" - and then she found out that nothing was created. Worse, the last successfuly created portal vanished! I daresay it's a bug in the game - not the problem with areas. If the Create Portal fizzled then you would be teleported to the last successfuly created portal. The bug deletes your last successfuly created portal.
According to my experience, this can happen:
a) If you play a pixie. In this case, this can happen everytime. The reason seems to be a (probable) bug in the pixie class - a pixie seems to mistakenly dodge its own spells including Create Portal spell. You get the message "Portal Created" but, because of dodging, the spell do not "stick" on the pixie. Note: the pixie will be teleported to the last successfuly created portal.
b) All other classes. In this case, this can happen on the south shore of Lost Sea behind the Anephas Shrine (frequently) and also on other pieces of the shore there (rather seldom). The only protection from the bug is the following:
1. Save the game.
2. Create Portal.
3. Go a few steps aside.
4. Teleport to the portal. If the spell fizzles then you are a victim of the bug. Go to another place (a few steps aside often suffice) and try creating portal again. If you run out of spell points then restore the game. If you have been teleported to your portal then the portal is safe. You can cast Call of Home.
5. Cast Call of Home.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:04 AM   #4
roleplayermom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to all who responded. I was afraid we had to do alot of backtracking. THANKS!!! Wyv you were right we found another exit and are off to get Cet. Your boards have been extremely helpful!!!!
roleplayermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 08:32 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Very interesting, Radek!

I've never played a pixie but still have had times when Create Portal would not work. There could very well be a little bug on the pixie class. Perhaps other players of pixies will confirm that they've also had difficulty with the Create Portal spell (then we'd add that tidbit to the Best Tips thread).

Certainly if roleplayermom had successfully created another portal in the Brimloch Roon area, she should have at least been teleported there when she tried. My own guess was that she had not created another portal since the teleport spell failed. Interesting to know that it might have been a pixie problem!

Wyv

Removing Red who was not supposed to appear in this thread.

[ 05-10-2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote