Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2002, 05:43 AM   #1
somebody
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I installed the patch to try to rid of some occasional crashes, such as when quiting the game to load up right away or entering town (rarely happens when entering town). so i loaded the patch and now it still crashes and people dont stop talking in the towns, they keep talking about your quest and blah blah blah, everytime u click on the portrait. sorry for sounded fustrated and maybe i'll just tired but its a pain.

so can someone help me maybe to solve the crashes or even stop the talking in the stores like without the patch.

Oh sank u very much,
Somebody
somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi somebody!

You'll need to tell us more about your computer set up - OS, memory, vid board, version of DirectX etc. That information often helps us figure out what might be causing the crashes.

As for the NPCs talking - as long as you haven't finished a quest, they are going to do that and there isn't anything you can do.

Did the patch seem to help at all?? Personally, I don't care for the patch and have never installed it. If installing the patch didn't help in some manner, you might consider uninstalling it (which would require that you copy your SAVE directory off to somewhere else, uninstall and reinstall W&W). Check the Best Tips thread - there is a list in there of what the patch does and what it takes away to help you decide if you want to remove it.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 09:59 AM   #3
the_young_one
Manshoon

The problems do not sound related to the patch. IMHO the patch deals with some of the "bugs" and in my experience do not create any new ones.

My guess is that you are running on Win 2k so you should go to the best threads section and follow the steps there. Good luck.
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 07:44 PM   #4
somebody
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks again for the help wyvern

I think I'll going to unistall it and re-install, which sucks but I'd rather it will no patch. as for the crashes, I'll going to check out the best threads with windows 2000 and crashes.

Cheers,
Somebody
somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 06:09 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

If you´re running win2k there´s really only three things to do!
1)Log in as administrator
2)Right click the shortcut, either on desktop or in startmenu, select the compatability tab. Mark "Run in compatability mode" and select win95 or win98.
3)And finally: Enjoy the game!!! It should work like a charm now!

Happy gaming!
Old 05-03-2002, 06:16 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

And this I just got to post!! From the Activision support!
Quote:
Will this game work on Windows 2000/XP?

Question
Will this game work on Windows 2000/XP?

Answer
This game is not compatible with Windows 2000 or XP.

We have not found any solution to make the game work properly. At this time there are no plans to make a patch to get the game to work under these operating systems.
So who´s got the best techies in the world? We or the guys at Activision, lol...
Old 05-03-2002, 11:01 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
So who´s got the best techies in the world? We or the guys at Activision, lol...
- the difference is Activision doesn't care and we do!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:05 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Amen to that, Wyv...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote