Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 01:44 PM   #1
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Whats the best class/sub class to start a single player quest because I'm bored of the party I've made, all this after I killed Firkraag and Texiblahblahblah.

BACK SOON GOT TO TAKE THE HELLHOUND FOR A WALK
Old 02-25-2001, 03:23 PM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

Whatever class you want beacause the whole system is so balenced and wonderful no one class is the best an all that.(but every one knows that helm priests are the most powerful)

Old 02-25-2001, 03:28 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Try going a fallen paladin for the sheer fun of it, and killing all the nobles is a game in itself
Old 02-25-2001, 05:25 PM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Why are you bored? Is it too easy to kill monsters? Or don't your party kill monsters quick enough?

I had some problem with this too in the beginning. I started to play with a pure halfling assassin, but I noticed he didn't hit many monsters, and when he did he didn't do very much damage, so I thought it was a really useless class (now I know it isn't useless). This is why I tested a lot of classes, and a lot of combinations in my party.

If you want an efficient class that kills fast and effective, then I REALLY recommend that you play a kensai/thief. Good fighter, good thief, good backstabs! Kills most things by him-/herself Otherwise I recommend a human fighter/mage,human kensai/mage, human swashbuckler/mage, elven fighter/mage/thief, or human ranger/cleric. The sorceror is also quite fun, but not to recommend if you haven't played the game before.

Classes I haven't tested, but heard is good is: Human Monk, half orc Kensai (can imagine), Avenger, Inquisitor, or Cleric of talos.
Old 03-01-2001, 05:51 PM   #5
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have found that cheating really spoils the fun in the long run (not to imply that you cheated -- this is just a general comment.) I cheated the heck out of the original BG (all attributes 25, unlimited gold, best weapons & armor, etc.) and ... it was really easy to kill everything and really boring. I found this out early on in my pencil & paper AD&D days too. Anyway, I have had fun with my barbarian character class -- he gets a special kind of berzerking that doesn't cause a loss of hit points at the end and is more controllable (barbarian rage it's called.) It's pretty good when Minsc and Bremon (my barbarian) wade in and hack things to pieces in a dual berzerker rage.

-Grebki

------------------
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. And then I went and made at least three of them come true before lunch.
Old 03-01-2001, 08:15 PM   #6
Hesperex

a dwarven barbarien is always fun

------------------

Old 03-01-2001, 08:36 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Playing a bard is a good role-playing experience, although they're not everyones cup of tea.

You have to think about battle tactics, because your character can fight OK but can also spellcast and use bardsong (which is a bit like an unlimited 'bless' or 'luck' spell on the rest of the party).

Also you will save loads of cash, 'cos your main guy (or gal) can pickpocket everything in sight and can identify most items. Skald and Blade bard kits are better fighters with less theiving skills & lore. But they still get a higher lore rating than your best mage ever will. Save those spaces in your scroll case for something more useful than an identify scroll!!

I think a lot of people are put off by the fact that Haer'Dalis sucks, but he is not a good ambassador for bards!

------------------
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-02-2001, 07:30 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You want to turn BG2 into true tactics and strategy? Play a jester. It's one of the most enjoyable classes to play. Not for the powergamer, but fun!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame