Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2002, 05:09 PM   #51
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Sorry to hear about your problems at school (and in general) Seph, I am SO happy I moved to Germany, school is a LOT better here. And as I said once... anyone who thinks that someone is a Nazi because one of his ancestors was German is nearly as racist as they were .
Hm... in the school I went to in the US, the band was the popular group and we orchestrans were by far in the minority! Of course, maybe that changes later (I moved to Germany after 5th grade, so I wouldn't know).
I also have quite the musically inclined family. I play piano and violin, my brother plays cello and once played flute in band, gave it up later though. My father plays violin and guitar, my mother plays guitar too. One of my cousins plays oboe and piano, the other plays violin and is now studying in hopes of becoming an opera singer!
Yeah, it's quite annoying that I have to go to an inferior school. I hate having to learn the basic crap over and over again at the beginning of each year! If I could go at my own pace, well... let's just say that if they followed the curriculum I'd have checked out around the semester. And I actually asked someone if they knew what a Nazi was today... his answer was "Someone who thinks like you do!" Geeze, I never knew that they were for human unity and tolerance! They're idiots, both morally and mentally. If they would get to know me and actually give me a chance then they'd know that I'm actually a pretty cool guy, as I'm sure that all of you have noticed by now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2002, 11:34 PM   #52
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well after sending out a Priority 1 PM, I set about reviewing the ToS, and I don't believe I can get in trouble for any of my other stories. So if you wanna hear them, just reply telling me, and I'll try to get 'em up here either Friday morning or Saturday evening. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-18-2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]
Old 04-19-2002, 06:41 PM   #53
Moni

If you want to tell, you know we'll read!!

Old 04-19-2002, 07:23 PM   #54
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That really annoys me, those people who hurl the word 'Nazi' around as a general term, especially when it's used on normal German people... and anytime you get that Seph, you can just console yourself with the fact that their minds are narrower than a matchstick.
I bet they don't even know anything about the war except Adolf Hitler.
Some people really do annoy me.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:38 PM   #55
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Okay then, I suppose I'll go with the punk rock story first, since it's a good way to set up anticipation for the others (good way of saying it's actually kinda boring, sorry [img]tongue.gif[/img] )... I'll tell about the water balloon throwing and my first show later on (as bumps [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Well anyways it was Friday after a football game, and I was taking a ride from one of my friends (he was also my brother's friend). Well, when we got going he decided to go for the back roads. He's a pretty reckless driver, he went about 50 on a dirt road. The first song he put on, as we all love music while driving (or for me, riding) was "Die for Your Government" by Anti-flag. When we got where we were going, which was a friend's house to play games, we took off some of the window screens and climed through. In short, breaking and entering, and we're both very lucky that the kid's dad wasn't home since he has quite a gun collection, and that's really the only reason I remember that night. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well this wouldn't have really helped, since I didn't at the time know the song or band's name. That next week though I had the good fortune of meeting him in an AIM chatroom and people were asking questions to each other (local people, of course). The question of favorite song came up, and he said "Die for Your Government." I remembered those words from the song, and I actually liked it, so I typed it into Morpheus, downloaded the song and got the band's name!
Old 04-21-2002, 11:52 PM   #56
Moni

Breaking and Entering?!
Bad Cody!!!
Well at least you figured out the name of your newest favorite band!
Good Story!

Old 04-21-2002, 11:58 PM   #57
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Breaking and Entering?!
Bad Cody!!!
Well at least you figured out the name of your newest favorite band!
Good Story!
Well, it wasn't my idea! Honest! It was Mike's (my friend) idea!
And it is quite good that I found out their name, now I have pretty much all their stuff and I'm getting compliments on my good taste in music.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:13 AM   #58
Moni

Old 04-22-2002, 12:20 AM   #59
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Sephy, maybe you think that is a cool story, but I have heard of people being shaot and killed for less. (hugs him) Lord, I'm glad I'm not 14 any more.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-22-2002, 12:28 AM   #60
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Sephy, maybe you think that is a cool story, but I have heard of people being shaot and killed for less. (hugs him) Lord, I'm glad I'm not 14 any more.
Never said it was cool, I'd say if anything it's an exciting story to tell people with a chuckle about some of the dumb things I did as a child. And I did say I was lucky that his gun-toting father wasn't home, or at least awake... that would have been very, very bad.

Anyways, my jacket's just out of the drier so its time to add the sticker and spikes... the latter should take the better part of the next half hour.

[ 04-22-2002, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]