Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 06:13 PM   #21
MagiK

I want to mud wrestle sister-cousin Charean!!!!! And yes, Im pretty sure we are gonna have to do this in WVa.

Old 11-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #22
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Careful, guys. DO NOT BE PREJUDICED. Just because someone has that "inbred look" doesn't prove anything.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:34 PM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Careful, guys. DO NOT BE PREJUDICED. Just because someone has that "inbred look" doesn't prove anything.
Huh? *blank look*
Old 11-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

In the immortal words of Dorothy L. Sayers, "No matter what they do they will displease someone, so [I] imagine they will just please themselves." Is that arrogance or weary recognition that no matter what we do, someone will misinterpret it?
Old 11-05-2002, 06:53 PM   #25
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
In the immortal words of Dorothy L. Sayers, "No matter what they do they will displease someone, so [I] imagine they will just please themselves." Is that arrogance or weary recognition that no matter what we do, someone will misinterpret it?
Mongo no understand
Old 11-05-2002, 06:59 PM   #26
Chewbacca
Zartan

I meet way to many international visitors with nice things to say to believe in that nonsense. Either that or only people with a realistic opinion of America actually visit here. Which ever way that is Defintely non-scientific polling.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:06 PM   #27
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Mongo no understand
"Mongo's not really a who, more of an what."-Gene Wilder

"Telegram for Mr. Mongo, thelegram for Mr. Mongo."-Cleavon Little

"Naw, Mongo straight." - Alex Karras
Old 11-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #28
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Mongo no understand
"Mongo's not really a who, more of an what."-Gene Wilder

"Telegram for Mr. Mongo, thelegram for Mr. Mongo."-Cleavon Little

"Naw, Mongo straight." - Alex Karras
[/QUOTE]Some how I knew you would recognize and appreciate clasic humor Mel Brooks had two really good ones in Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein [img]smile.gif[/img] He had a few others but none made me laugh as hard, though History of the World came close.

Old 11-05-2002, 10:24 PM   #29
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heh, I wouldn't take it to heart folks (and for thye most part it doesn't seem like you are anyway). Some people just like to complain. It's essentially just tall-poppy syndrome where the 'underdogs' like to take pot-shots at those who are a little more 'influential' so to speak.
The fact is, most people who run off at the mouth complaining about how much the don't like a particular group of people (be them called 'Americans', 'Europeans', 'Israelis', 'Arabs', whatever) don't really have any concrete reasons or information to base their gross generalizations of dislike upon. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining. Sheer ridiculousness.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:56 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Some how I knew you would recognize and appreciate clasic humor Mel Brooks had two really good ones in Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein [img]smile.gif[/img] He had a few others but none made me laugh as hard, though History of the World came close.
WHAT???? You don't mention Spaceballs? Pizza the Hutt? Dark Helmet? Shame on you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]