Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
ragnarok15
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have just this minute completed baldur gate for the first time and managed to kill sevarok in about 3 minutes(that including his buddy from the the bandit camp) and i just wondering if anybody else though that this fight was just a little too easy? (no disrespect to the game, one of the best i,ve played in a long time)

[ 09-10-2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: ragnarok15 ]
ragnarok15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:17 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

They're good enemies, but they're so stupid. For instance, Semaj always seems to Dimension Door right out into the middle of the room, with nobody else to protect him, and my arcers are perfectly happy to shoot him into oblivion. Gee, that was tough. The bad guys could have been difficult, but instead of giving them a smart AI, they gave them cheesy abilities.....like the fact that they're Invisible at the beginning, and if you have ToSC, they can all fire Stinking Cloud and Web at you. Yeah.....like Tazok can cast Wizard spells.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yah! The final battle was easy. If you want to make it a little more challenging have some of your guys go to the far right or left and drag out some battle horros.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:47 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

It is all much of a muchness. The first time I finished it I'd sneaked around and only pulled Sarevok out. I thought that was it, until I'd played it again.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:13 AM   #5
ryaldin
Elminster

My first time, i honestly, I got my behind kicked, hashed, neatly packaged, and mailed to me. I walked, in full regalia, with myself, khalid, jaheira, minsc, dynaheir and yeslick, fully loaded, and ready to kick some booty. First, I got smacked around by tazok, and then i got zapped by the mages, and the doomguards hacked at my flanks while sarevok just pounded through my tanks (me, despite the fact that i was a fighter, hiding behind minsc, then khalid, then yeslick, then jaheira, while fighting sarevok. He just butchered them all, and with the mages and such berating me with magic, imoen (in the rear) got butchered by a doomguard or something, and minsc was gone almost immediately from stepping on a trap. It's easy, in theory, if you powergame, and draw out the enemies one by one, in a room small enough, to the point where you should be able to see everyone, and if the A.I. was better, the would come to sarevok's aid, instead of watching him follow a single character back and forth, (who is probably wearing the boots of speed), while the rest of the party hurls missile weapons at him. how cheesy is that?
Old 09-11-2002, 10:16 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

You have joined legions of BG1 players who have found the final battle a let down because of the relatively easiness of taking out Savorek.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 03:56 AM   #7
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

It can be tough if you wake up everyone in there by running around and removing the fog o'war. I too got a spanking when I first got there, but I hadn't played TotSC then. When I had the fight was a very different thing altogether: never even got into H-T-H with Sarevok.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:08 AM   #8
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Think the first time I fought Sarevok the fight lasted about 15 seconds...
Old 09-12-2002, 05:40 AM   #9
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

who really cares. The last battle will come and it will go. it is not our place to decide. HUrray i'm a MAgister!