Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2002, 09:30 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

In honor of my wife, who is now well after being very ill for a week, I shall attempt to follow in her footsteps and write an new ending for NWN.
*When he became aware that the city had been saved, Lord Nasher called the people to Castle Never, and addressed them from the balcony. When the cheering had stopped, he addressed the grateful populance:*
"People of Neverwinter. I proclaim today to be a day of celebration for our delvery from a great danger. Morag, Priestess of the Old Ones that sought to destroy us is dead." (Cheers) "And one man has been responsible for this, the great Paladin, Attalus" (Insert your name and class here). (Prolonged cheering.) (Attalus steps up to the rail and waves modestly) (Nasher goes on.)"People of Neverwinter, how can we honor our deliverer? The Keys to the City are his. Sir Attalus, name any thing in the whole city, and it shall be yours." (Cheers, shouts of "Yes, anything")
(When the cheers finally stop, Attalus, or your character, turns to Lord Nasher.) "Milord, I was glad to be of service to this fine city, and shall take you up on your generous offer." (More cheers) "Merchants, fear not for your goods, or husbands and fathers for your wives and daughters. I shall choose the lowest, most despised thing in this city, worthless to anyone save myself. From your lowest dungeon, condemned to die for her treason, I hereby choose the person of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, called Aribeth the Betrayer. I know now that she was bewitched by the foul Morag, who preyed on her grief for Fenthick. I believe her guiltless, and it is my fervent desire to deliver her from prison and death. I so wish it, for I shall take her hand in matrimony. We shall then depart this city, to find new adventures in Faerun. But, Neverwinter will always retain a special place in my heart." Prolonged cheering, chants of "Aribeth and Attalus." (Final cutscene shows them riding away, side by side.)(roll credits)

Anyway, that is how it would be if I was running Bioware. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-27-2002, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 07-27-2002, 11:36 AM   #2
Kerneth
The Magister

Oh, good, I wasn't the only person who played a Paladin and felt bad for Aribeth.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, well the game itself doesn't really sound like they are going to hang her from the same tree as Fenthick, but I like happy endings.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #4
AndyG
Elminster

Hey, I finished with a monk and I felt bad for her too. I like the new ending better.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:17 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Thanks, Andy, I'm glad that you liked it.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:42 AM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very good Attalus [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I personally was quite dissapointed with the ending of NwN... it just went into a big droop as soon as you talked to aribeth... sure you could talk to her in the cell if you convinced her to give herself up... but It would have been better if there was a bit more to the story after that.... the only slight bit of story IMO was with the aribeth look-alike.. and there was nothing after that...... Your ending was much better attalus [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 08:10 AM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Agree on all points, Glorfy. Aribeth was the driving force behind the story, and like you, when I finally talked sense into her, I couldn't have cared less about Morag. I had to be nagged into finishing the game. Glad you liked my ending, just wanted to share it.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:19 PM   #8
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
In honor of my wife, who is now well after being very ill for a week, I shall attempt to follow in her footsteps and write an new ending for NWN.
Firstly, I liked this ending. Couldn't persuade Aribeth to give herself up though, damnit. Secondly, i'm glad Galadria is better [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been missing her novel...

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 03:04 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, thanks Kaltia, she had stopped posting it because she felt like no one was reading it.