Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2003, 11:57 AM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I have no idea on how to start it i just beat Sarevok so it says that now i should load my final save and it will put me in Ulgoth Bearth but it doesny!!!!!!! I think the problem is as soon as i load my final save it saves again which means there is another save so technically im not in my final save. And the mission pack party is week compared to my party so i want to use my party.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Have you used the MConvert feature? That might be your problem. Try it, and if it doesn't work, post again.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

HUH what is that??
Old 07-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

It's a utility that comes with TotSC. Basically, what it does is convert your BG only saves to BG+TotSC saves (with all the new areas, improved big-black-boss, etc, etc.) You should find it on your TotSC CD. Not sure exactly where, but I think there might also be a shortcut in your start menu.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Could you guide me through the process because it is not in the start up menu??
Old 07-08-2003, 03:45 PM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Find the folder where you have installed Baldur's Gate. In that folder should be an application called MConvert (if True_Moose is correct).

If it is not there, put your TotSC CD in the drive, and try to locate it there.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:35 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, I had similar problems with my first game of ToSC: That whole "Load your Final-Save and be transported to Ulgoth's Beard" never worked for me either. Instead, follow these steps:
  • Find your Baldur's Gate folder. (Mine is in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate.)
  • It will contain a program called MCONVERT. Double-click on it, and say "Yes" if you have to. What MCONVERT does is update your "old" World Map to contain the "new" areas added with ToSC.
  • Once you've done that, start BG and load up your Final-Save. Walk back out through the Undercity, back out through the Thieves' Maze, back out onto the streets of BG City, and out the city gates until you're in the BG Bridge map.
  • From the Bridge map, head North.
  • Welcome to Ulgoth's Beard.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:18 AM   #8
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

OK I did something stupid last night i tryed to uninstall TOTSC so i could choose the MConvert option on install it. But it deleted everything!!! So is there anyway to create my own party for TOTSC o do i have to start all over agian from the begining of BG.And if i must start over again can someone give me the codes to get dyhnair, Coran, Yesilick, Kivan and Ajantis, as well as tell me how i can transport my party to he final save and grow all these charactes back to the lvels theywere with out playing the whole game over again.
I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THIS WILL BE POSSIBLE!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:12 PM   #9
Certified Insomniac
Welcomed New User

You know that you can in fact get to Ulgoths beard without having to load up your final save. You just got to the bridge which is closed until you defeat the bandits and flood th mines etc... and dont go in through the Gate of Baldurs Gate. You go to the top edge of the map and just go to Ulgoths Beard. I could do it.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:20 PM   #10
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Yes but not if uv beaten sarevok. Also WELCOME TO IRONWORKS Certified Insomniac
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

[ 07-31-2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]