Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #21
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, for one....why would you eat it???? if you just bought it, and was still at the store...why not take it right back in? second...something I learned while working at a conveince store, always and I mean always check the experaion date, also, do not freeze milk chocolate, and then put it back out on the shelf, it will turn the chocolate white, and leave a reallllyyyyy bad taste to it, and it makes me sick

dang stupid keyboard

[ 09-09-2003, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 09-10-2003, 02:17 AM   #22
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Hey! Down here all our chocolate is white before we get to eat it. It just comes from chocolate being introduced to differint temperatures and pressures. Consider yourself lucky to be able to buy another, better, Twix bar the next time. Then again... Who'd buy candy at the front of a TOYS R US ?!

I mean come on! Toys R Us is for kids, right? SO if parents are being dragged through it spoling their children, why would they dare to allow their already spoiled enough children consumables at the counter? Most parents don't dare to go that far, as it's just unhealthy [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hence lots of OLD candy gets stocked up there and TOYS R US saves money but not bothering to inspect the candy every now and then. Perhaps you could file one of those crazy law suits and get some cash out of the deal? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2003, 06:17 AM   #23
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Not to sure if i posted this thread before, my memory is foggy. But

About a week or two ago, I was buying Legos from toys-r-us. While waiting to pay, i decided to buy a huge twix bar. So we pay and leave, and I tear the wrapper off. Thats where I realized there was a prob, the twix didn't feel right. So i throw the wrapper out, and look at the twix. Now there is something really wrong. Instead of there being a nice brown coating of chocolate, there is this whitish chocolate. So what the hell, it can't be that bad, so I take a bite. And well, I really want to know how long the candy bar was sitting around. heck, the thing wasn't crunchy anymore, it was like mush, like a musketeer bar, stale cookie, and crappy chocolate all merged together. So I just finish one bar, with another huge one to go. I paid for it, I'm gonna eat it. So along the car ride home, I only finish half of the second one before realizing my stupidity. I didn't know which direction it was coming, but it was coming. I stopped eating that thing at that moment. I never got so sick so fast, and because of that experiance I will never eat a twix. Its so not in the mix.
It's called a "White Twix!"

It's a normal Twix, just with white chocolate.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:12 AM   #24
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Question Mark

Hmm maybe you got a new twix bar that wasnt supposed to be released yet and in the factory they didnt notice and put a regular wrapper on it???
Old 09-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #25
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sounds to me like the Twix got stored in a warehouse where it got overheated. That would account for it all mushing together and decaying the chocolate. Once it got on the shelves, it would have re-solidified. So it may not even be the fault of Toys R Us. It could have actually been delivered that way.

I have to deal with the vending machine operators in my job, and the snack company we deal with will NOT bring chocolate of any kind during the summer months for this very reason. The bars get overheated and melt in the truck and aren't fit for consumption by the time they are delivered.

Of course, Stormymystic is correct that freezing and re-thawing the candy will have the same basic effect on the chocolate.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:43 PM   #26
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Twix-good
Mars-better
Snickers-best

Very old legos(1980-1990)-good
old legos(1990-1995)-the best!
new legos(1995-200X)-perversion