Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2002, 02:29 PM   #1
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

I messed up the romance with Viconia. Is it possible to fix it with Shadowkeeper?

[ 08-25-2002, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Tiresius ]
Old 08-24-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
Sythe
Ra

WOULD YOU MIND PUTTING SPOILER FIRST CAUSE U MIGHT HAVE SPOILED IT FOR OTHERE PEOPLE!!!!!!!! You didn't spoil me but a post like this spoiled the ending of the game for me.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

Im sorry

[ 08-25-2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Tiresius ]
Old 08-24-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
whodoyouthinkyouare
The Magister

Well, it wasn't really a huge spoiler, but you shouldn't have mentioned anything about the 9 Hells. If you haven't played thru the game, it's not obvious you're going there until late in the game. And you say that people whose had their experience ruined by your posts are fools, but are they really? Come on, how many new players want to know the location of the final battle? I sure didn't but I did whe n I opened an un-tagged post simply titled 'Demons'. And I learned about learned about the ravager when I opened a post called 'Bhodi' when I was looking for info on Bhodi's dungeon in chapter 2. So, see, they're really not fools, just unsopiled, and most would like to keep it that way. Don't you agree?
Old 08-24-2002, 07:18 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Tiresius, saying that people who don't like spoilers are fools is like saying that a person who wants to wait untill he's married to have sex is a fool. (ok so the situations are slightly disproportionate, but the message is still the same.) Most people enjoy a new experience more if it isn't spoiled for them.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 08:04 PM   #6
pBluescript
Dungeon Master

*raised hand*

Ummm, damn near every topic on this board can spoil the game one way or another. It all depends upon how pure you want to keep the gaming experience.

Tiresius wasn't right to call folks fools, nobody was right for trashing on him for saying such.

Lets all just try to get along and have a good time.
pBluescript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 08:49 PM   #7
whodoyouthinkyouare
The Magister

I wouldn't say that Firestorm and myself were trashing, just trying to justify what Tiresius and sythe were saying. And, this subject is completely familiar with him, so he may not have felt he was spoiling, and assumed that everyone knew about the ending. True, if it ruins their ENTIRE eperience just cause they learned a little plot nuance, then they should probably not be in forums, period. But maybe perhaps a spoiler tag in the title was in order? Or maybe a more specific title?
Old 08-24-2002, 10:13 PM   #8
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

I wish this thread would get back to the origional topic

[ 08-25-2002, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Tiresius ]
Old 08-24-2002, 10:29 PM   #9
whodoyouthinkyouare
The Magister

Whoa... Dude, it'll be alright. I seriously hope that last post was like a huge joke. Well, anyways, to answer your question, I'm pretty sure there is away to shange the global variable on your romance back to 2 to continue the romance... one problem though. I'm not exactly sure how. Well, if you've got the patients, you can go back through the forum to look for a post about it. I know I saw it within the last 50 pages. Good luck man. Oh, and don't worry about looking bad (even though I'm pretty sure that comment wasn't sincere) cause I kinda helped screw up this thread.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Just to add my $0.02. I have been here for more than a year, and the rules regarding spoilers have not changed at all. Refer to the thread titled, "On Spoilers", on the main page for more details.

I must say though... ...

People who want to ask people to edit their posts should be POLITE about it. You want people to extend some courtesy to you? Then lead by example, not yell at them... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote