Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2003, 10:52 PM   #1
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

My father pre ordered Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, and I am waiting, and whist waiting I came up with these 12 simple solutions to pass time,
1)Beat a video game.(done)
2)Unlock everything in a video game.(done)
3)beat the video game you recently beat again. (done)
4)Look at screen shots of the game you pre-ordered.(done)
5)Buy new games, then beat them. (done)
6)Buy so many Lord of The Rings action figuers that you can re-create the battle of Helm's Deep.With real orc and Gimli warcries!(Thinking of doing that tomarrow)
7)Read an entire series of novels (Done)
8) Dream about what your going to do when your pre-ordered game arrives .(Have been doing such alot...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
9)Find out the meaning of life.(I think I'm done)
10) If Item is trackable track it and keep pressing refresh for updates, when nothing happens beat your head on your desk 4 times, keep doing this!(Doing it, refresh...$@#$@!*slams head on desk 4 times.)
11)Make a list of things to do when your waiting for something pre-ordered.

EDIT:
12) Edit the list of things to do when your waiting for something pre-ordered.

[ 06-30-2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]
Old 07-01-2003, 03:19 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Here's my list:

1)Never pre-order

A game is never worth the time you spend waiting. Instead of holding your breath, wait till it hits the stores, and go out and buy it. You know they pound you with shipping, right?
Old 07-01-2003, 04:20 AM   #3
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

i agree with nano byte . nice list tough [img]smile.gif[/img] anyway i just sleep outside one night at the store if its a game i really want its really fun to be with ur friends all night in teh cold city [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 04:35 AM   #4
Jan

Never pre-order as Nanobyte mentioned.

I usually forget all about the game and then a few months later I read about it somewhere. At that time the game is in the stores but it can take some time before I buy it if I do 'cos I'm busy playing an old (unfinished) game or doing something else. Take Championship Manager 4 as an example. Wanted to buy it as soon as possible but I still haven't done it and can't be bothered right now. You can add Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment + others games to that list. Might buy them when the price has dropped even more.

[ 07-01-2003, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Jan ]

Old 07-01-2003, 04:43 AM   #5
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:

You know they pound you with shipping, right?
the place i pre-ordered bloodmoon from has free postage and packing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 03:18 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just so you know, I stopped by Bestbuy today to pick up a copy of SoU ($24.99!), and they had a whole display of this new Warcraft game. Do you have yours yet?
Old 07-01-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Just so you know, I stopped by Bestbuy today to pick up a copy of SoU ($24.99!), and they had a whole display of this new Warcraft game. Do you have yours yet?
No...stupid Fedex...