Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2003, 07:10 PM   #11
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Ah, I thaught it was something like that, I just didnt count the "The".
As far as I can tell the man lying is just a big circle. Its just like arguing weather or not God exists(pleases dont start), there is just no way you can make absolute sence of it...
Ah well good enough. No one gets this one. [img]tongue.gif[/img] The answer is....There is no answer. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Someone can add a riddle if they want.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-15-2003, 08:28 PM   #12
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
11?
Shoot. Already got it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Here's another one

If man walks up to you and says:"Everything I tell you is a lie." How do you know if he is telling the truth?
[/QUOTE]Get someone else to ask him questions. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 11:12 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, an old one, but recent enough I can remember it.

You're adventuring and come to a room with two doors. Each is guarded by a demon. A placard on the wall explains that one demon always lies, and one always tells the truth. It also states that behind one door lies safety, while behind the other door lies certain death. You may pick one door only, for once you've picked it, the other is permanently locked for you.

In your travels, you have come across one single solitary demon questioning gem, which you can now use. But you only have one... so how can you ask one question of only one demon and get the door to safety?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:37 PM   #14
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ask one "Are you in there?" and wait for an answer. I don't know. I hate these rhetorical-type questions.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:41 PM   #15
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Ask one "Are you in there?" and wait for an answer. I don't know. I hate these rhetorical-type questions.
how would that gain you knowledge about what awiats you behind the doors though?
Old 02-15-2003, 11:44 PM   #16
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn The Wise:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
how would that gain you knowledge about what awiats you behind the doors though?[/QUOTE]Lol. I misread. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 12:05 AM   #17
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

hmmm methinks they should make a riddle RPG [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #18
andrewas
Harper

Ask one of the demons "What did you say to the last adventurer that asked which door was safe to enter?"

The lying demon will have lied to the adventurer, and will lie about that, therefore telling you the correct door

The truthful demon will tell you the truth about telling the adventurer the correct door, and will therefore also tell you the correct door.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #19
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I had a case like this-turned out to be a paradox lol!

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:35 PM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sorry, Andrewas. You're close, but...

Quote:
Ask one of the demons "What did you say to the last adventurer that asked which door was safe to enter?"

The lying demon will have lied to the adventurer, and will lie about that, therefore telling you the correct door

The truthful demon will tell you the truth about telling the adventurer the correct door, and will therefore also tell you the correct door.
will fail if (a) you're the first adventurer in the room, or (b) the last adventurer asked the other demon, in which case this demon said nothing to that last adventurer.

There is a straightforward answer. You're almost there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.