Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 06:43 AM   #1
The Trickster
Manshoon

I've been spending a little bit of time at another forum (blasphemy!) during the slow periods of IW (ie. midday Australian time), and have come to realise a few things.

Without mentioning the name of the other popular forum (and no Melusine, it's not your excellent one ), I've realised that people are much more real at Ironworks (Escape) and tend to use their brains a lot more. This really comes out when discussions about political or worldwide issues arise. Whereas a lot of people seem to jump to conclusions and be extremely opinionated at the other forum, you guys here seem to be able to discuss things rationally and with thought for others.

I'm sure this has a lot to do with the moderators at this site, and their ability to keep control of things, but I also think it shows the quality of the individuals that populate this forum.

Today has been a big day for me, and I think it will change my outlook on life a bit. I just wanted you all to know, that you ROCK!

Ben.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:56 AM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

why thanks ben I still think we need another good political discion on IWs every now and again tho
Old 10-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Trickster:

I've realised that people are much more real at Ironworks (Escape) and tend to use their brains a lot more. This really comes out when discussions about political or worldwide issues arise. Whereas a lot of people seem to jump to conclusions and be extremely opinionated at the other forum, you guys here seem to be able to discuss things rationally and with thought for others.
Are you sure you're reading the same debates as I do? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
j/k.

[ 10-13-2002, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 10-13-2002, 07:28 AM   #4
The Trickster
Manshoon

Quote:
Are you sure you're reading the same debates as I do? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
j/k.
You should see the other forum!
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:08 AM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lol, seems we're having posts like this one at least once a week now.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Like in those cheesy 80's shows on TV where someone learnt a valuable lesson each and EVERY week...they never managed to explain the meaning of life though..nor did they ever reveal a bank safe combination to me...all those wasted hours watching Happy days andd the Brady Bunch [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 09:19 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah we kove we are the best Ben!

[ 10-13-2002, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 10-13-2002, 09:57 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Like in those cheesy 80's shows on TV where someone learnt a valuable lesson each and EVERY week...they never managed to explain the meaning of life though..nor did they ever reveal a bank safe combination to me...all those wasted hours watching Happy days andd the Brady Bunch [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]G.I.JOE Cartoon says: "And knowing is half the battle"

I'm to making light of your post Trickster, I too agree 100% with what you said. We have a LOT of great people and Smart as heck too!!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-13-2002, 10:05 AM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Like in those cheesy 80's shows on TV where someone learnt a valuable lesson each and EVERY week...they never managed to explain the meaning of life though..nor did they ever reveal a bank safe combination to me...all those wasted hours watching Happy days andd the Brady Bunch [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]G.I.JOE Cartoon says: "And knowing is half the battle"

[/QUOTE]In Transformers we learnt the differance between good and evil...but we also got to see things blown up

I don't recall too much of the G.I Joe cartoon myself. I have the transformers comics were they appear though
Old 10-13-2002, 10:37 AM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I have yet to find a forum that is anywhere as good as this one, especially for the intelligence and forbearance of the other posters. I attribute this directly to Ziroc (take a bow, big guy) and the Mods for their utter intolerance of trolls. I really believe that, as time goes by and more intelligent, tolerant people discover this little island of sanity in the chaos that is the Web, we shall just get better and better.