Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 11:45 AM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, fuckit!

I spent 20 mins trying to upload that picture. I think it's just too big because the hyperlink's there but it's not displaying the image.

Sorry Zor will try again tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2001, 01:51 PM   #32
Holy Mage Wah

You don't seem to have Lady Tymora on your side often Memnoch. And big hugs to you Moiraine.

Old 01-06-2001, 02:52 PM   #33
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks Moiraine, I check out Robin Hobb. Can you give me an idea what the books are about? You know, I been thinking about this whole book conversation going on, and my husband and I are going to be moving from a big house into an apartment in two months. There are so many things that we need to get rid of because there won't be any room for them. If there is anyone out there that wants any Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan or C.S. Friedman books, please let me know because otherwise I'm probably going to have to throw them away. I have two boxes full of books I have already read and they take up too much space. I hate to throw away perfectly good books, so I was thinking if anyone wants some free books, I can mail them to you free of charge. Just e-mail me your address or the address to which you want them sent. Just a thought!
Old 01-06-2001, 05:08 PM   #34
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm always up for free books. I love books! But sending them to Oz might be a bit exi. don't you think?

.........Don't you have 2nd hand book stores in the U.S.? (remember the 'get with the program' dig?)
Old 01-06-2001, 06:07 PM   #35
Ladyzekke

No, Yorick, sending them to "OZ" is no problem because one of the benefits in my company is use of the postage meter machine for personal use. We also get reimbursed for any juices or sodas we drink while at work! Also free health and dental insurance! Compared to the other employees, I very rarely use the postage meter, so I'm up for my share anyway! So it's free for me, don't worry. Yes there is one used book store near our house, but the lady that runs it got snotty with me once, so I swore I would never go back there. All the other used book stores are too far out of my way (lazy). So just tell me which ones you want! No problemo.
Old 01-06-2001, 08:31 PM   #36
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Moiraine I'm glad your accident wasnt too serious and that you and your son are ok. I dont post much but I read most so I hate to see someone in this little "Village" as someone aptly put it have anything bad happen to them. As a side note if we are a village who is the village idiot? I nominate..... well me! Kidding aside I hope to keep seeing your posts.
Old 01-06-2001, 08:53 PM   #37
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... Hey Memnoch... it its really a problem, you could just lower the resolution, make the pic smaller and convert it into a jpg or gif image so it would really be small... just an advice
but i hope this would not anyway interfere in your busy schedule or the waste of internet hours... sooo... its ok if you dont post it... (well i still hope you did)
Old 01-06-2001, 09:53 PM   #38
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THROW BOOKS AWAY!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! Donate them to a school library!!!!!! Or anybody that will read them! As for reading Robin Hobbs, she is great reading and should be more recognized than she is. Just excellent books. Start with Assassins Aprentice...and never "throwaway" a book, Please?
Old 01-06-2001, 09:56 PM   #39
Ladyzekke

My point exactly. That's why I'm trying to give them away on this Board!! As for Robin Hobbs, will be buying her books next on my list!
Old 01-06-2001, 10:08 PM   #40
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Uhhh sorry, I didnt mean to scold or anything. I just love my books. And anyone elses. I would be happy to distribute any books you or anyone else no longer has any room for.