Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've been reading some feedback on it at the Bio forums - people don't seem to reckon it's that good? Anyone here care to comment?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Nothing that I've read about it has made me want to rant/rave about it either way. The randomly generated areas has been done. We've got scripts ready for it for when NWN2 comes out.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

For all those who normally don't hunt this kind of information for themselves:

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...82360&forum=86

I haven't written anything about this. I haven't bought the new module yet. Looks like I can afford to give it a week or two before slapping my money down for it. I want to see what kinds of items this generator is spewing out to the masses. There was mention of a helm generated that removed the effectiveness of all spells of Level Nine and lower.

I don't think Ziroc has any items inside the Undermountain that do that, currently. And with the sheer power that some of the items inside of the Undermountain module possess, I think that is an impressive (and terrifying) randomly created item, indeed.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
wanderon
Dungeon Master

I've had it for a couple days now - but have only been able to play a couple hours - one character has cleared maybe two levels (areas)of a single dungeon.

One interesting feature is being able to customize each dungeon by general character class (affecting drops primarily) altho I have yet to test this.

It has a few issues most noteably slow downs at character creation as the mod really pushes the envelope of the engine (they say) and thus there is a ton of stuff to load in the background but its no big deal if you have some patience (or just leave it sit for a couple minutes after starting and/or create characters in other mods and choose pre-created) it only effects the character creation area not actual gameplay - area loads are a bit slow as the areas are created but again I did not find it a problem.

Its just what it claims to be - a random dungeon generator that will automatically scale to levels from 1-40 and apparently also scales to party size (for MP). Storyline and dialoge etc are minimal (unusual for Bioware but expected for this sort of mod I think) and for 8 bucks I think its a keeper myself...