Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #1
Domber
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Hello all,
Thanks for the help with The Alter of Serran.I seem to have another problem now.
I am in the Pyramid of Cet (he wont let me out) and I have the 2nd champions key from Sathius' Room but when i go to Alamon's Room for the first key (room (K) on the map) he isn't there and I can't find him anywhere.Can anyone help?
Thanks
Domber
Domber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Domber!!

Any chance that you already killed Almanon?? I'll have to check Xignal's maps to see which he has labeled as Room K - Almanon isn't one to "hide" so I'm thinking that if you have already met him (in his tomb) you might have killed him and accidentally dropped the key (it will still be there) or you haven't actually found him yet.

Cet's pyramid can be pretty confusing at times.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Cast Spirit Eye in his room to see if his key may have fallen into another spot. The white dots are your clues...

And is Xignal's site back up? I couldn't get to it last time I tried. Hmmm... it's not looking good at the moment.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:55 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Sathius is blue and it is in a passage leading from the "moving block crusher" to the lowest floor of the "red area". Check the passage again. Note that the passage is slopy and that the key can slide down. Check the lower end of the slopy way.

Alamon is red and it is in a room behind the sliding door. The floor of the room is horizontal so that the key cannot slide anywhere. Check the room again.

At any rate, the keys never evaporate. If they are somewhere on the ground then they are there forever.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:07 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Cast Spirit Eye in his room to see if his key may have fallen into another spot. The white dots are your clues...

And is Xignal's site back up? I couldn't get to it last time I tried. Hmmm... it's not looking good at the moment.
I don't think we're going to see Xignal's site back up BUT - he gave the files to Ziroc and you can find a download of the maps and access to the text files/hints in IW W&W section. They aren't exactly as they were for Xignal's site but much wonderful information is there.

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/wiza...st-index.shtml
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #6
Domber
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cast Spirit Eye but that didn't help I still can't find the key,for some reason I do think I killed Alamon,and I do remember saving the game,but if I did that i'd have the key but I don't.I checked all over the map but had no luck.I guess I'm really stuck now
Old 10-25-2004, 08:41 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Ultimum refugium: AFAIK, both keys are identical. Try hacking the saved game. Make a special saved game for the hacking. Place in the inventory an item which occupies a single "square" in it and then rewrite the item with the remaining key. Then go to the Cet's chamber and try to unlock both locks by your keys. If you succeed then you have solved your problem. You can then decide, whether you want to go to Cet right now or later.

Note: Read the key data first. Somewhere in the data item must be a location of the item in the inventory. Search "coordinates" in the squares in the data. You will need to fix the coordinates at the hacked key.
Take the remaining key and place it in some known coordinates and find the corresponding data. Move the key to several other locations and check whether you are right. Then hack the file and fix the coordinates of the hacked key.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Whew! I'm sorry that Xignal's taken his site down, but I'm glad that the information in it isn't lost. I'll have to start looking over there now... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 10-26-2004, 07:51 AM   #9
Domber
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hacking?!?!?!?
I know nothing about that and I think it would be way to much time if you explained it all to me.I'm going to have another look around and see if I can find it,maybe I missed something.If theres anything else any of you can think of i'd be greatful.
Domber
Old 10-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There is a thread on the boards here about how to hack the game. If you get to that point, we can either point you to it, or one of the folks experienced with it (or who wants to be [img]smile.gif[/img] ) can give you an assist.
-+-+-+