Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 11:11 PM   #11
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hey Guys !!!

Keeping ya posted...

Killed Mon the Sculz, and the troll guy... Now I've got to go get a raptor egg for the Ranger quest. (I first thought it was a dinosaur, then I remembered the "old" usage of raptor was a hunting bird, so i guess I'm looking for an eage, hawk, or falcon..?)

Right now, I'm in the crypt, trying to get the crystal that's behind a grate underwater. I "jammed the lock" on a door in the crypt, so I guess I'm locking myself out of some adventures, but I figure that the writers won't let that happen to crucial areas, so no worries ! (At least, we didn't when I was in the industry)

I think the slanting thing is just over uneven terrain....

O, and I got a horse !!! *khool* (it took FOREVER to figure out how to get off the thing...)

Well, I'm just grabbing a soda, gotta get back to the crystal...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:17 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Talk to the Innkeep, RD. He's got a hint about the "Raptor."

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:18 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, also...bashing a lock will help get you past an obstacle.

-Sazerac
Old 05-13-2001, 11:20 PM   #14
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ain't that an amazing horse! You know if you did have six in your crew, they could ALL get on that horse together!! It's true! LOL Oh, and it is a good thing to know how to get on and off him, for this method is used to get on and off of lots of other things you will find also.

In the crypt, trying to get the crystal, you are moving along nicely! Thanks, Dawg, for the check-in update! Isn't this exciting!!!!

*smiling* Mamawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:24 PM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Updates are great!!

It's so easy on this board to feel like you really know everyone and I for one like to hear how they are doing and where they are in the game now!
I still fret over posts where someone came dashing in, asked for help, got an answer (or 20) and never came back to tell us if it helped!

Thanks for letting us know, Dawg!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:25 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Indeed. I think we're all enjoying this, RD! Thanks for sharing with us.

-Sazerac (and ALWAYS remember to save in a different slot before doing ANYTHING new!!)
Old 05-13-2001, 11:44 PM   #17
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK...

DON'T ALT-TAB to try to get over here to tell y'all something...

I think I saved a bit ago, but I may need to get the crystal again. Alt-tabbing locked 'er up!

The crystal was funny... *hold breath* try everything... I was jsut trying to use anything, and she came !! too cool...

Oh yeah, I jammed the lock by bashing it. (I'm a warrior, in training for a ranger, so I can't pick-locks, can I???) I tried bashing it again, but it just kept reminding me that I had jammed it...

Right now, I'm (or I WAS) trying to "use" the crystal to go somewhere. There's only one place I can see using it, but need to figure it out...

THANKS FOR PAYING ATTENTION ! Let me know if I get on yer nerves, I tend to post ALOT...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-13-2001, 11:52 PM   #18
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey gang. . . if he saves first, should he try to use that tool kit he got from the thieves on this jammed lock, or will it just break?

Dawg, may I asked, what you are trying to do with the crystal?

Rave on, RudeDawg!
Mammawlin
p.s. Anyone notice I got so excited I spelled my own name wrong? LOL
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:07 AM   #19
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
OK...

THANKS FOR PAYING ATTENTION ! Let me know if I get on yer nerves, I tend to post ALOT...

Don't worry about that, if they don't like it, they don't have to read it. As far as I'm concerned, it's quite refreshing to see one with lots of exp going through the game for a first time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:11 AM   #20
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK, a bit of background...

while I was writing dialoge for the U7 port to Nintendo, I did beta testing for Ultima Underground....

Now, even though I'm probably the only guy here who hasn't played, gamer etiquette requires the warning.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Using the old methods, I faced the wall, and started walking around the wall, so not to miss anything. Found the receptacle. *khool* nice elevator...

Busted open the chest, gathered treasure. Immediately attacked the mummy looking guy. Short fight. got the locket. How, I headed back down to cure myself at the foutain (treasure chest had a poison trap), and search for something else to do here...

Be back soon... "RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT !!!"

------------------

The RudeDawg