Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
Sir Tunstall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im being attacked by things I cant see, but when I mouse over the creature it lets me attack it. What could be wrong? I have contacted Interplay tech support, and they advised I update my video driver(which I did to no avail). The graphics have improved, but still I have invisi creatures???? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Icewind dale? PLEASE help....the game is a little bit harder when you cant see whats attacking you, especially when you cant get the jump on them with bow and arrows. If i do have to reinstall the game would any of you be kind enough to instruct me on how to backup my chars and game save file?
Sir Tunstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
kroma
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the forums, Sir Tunstall!

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question concerning the invisible creatures attacking you. It does sound to me like a bug in the game or a problem with your graphics card. Do you have the Heart of Winter and Tales of the Luremaster expansion packs installed? The latter acts as the final and complete patch to the game and fixes most of the known bugs with the game.

However, I can answer your question about backing up saved games...

In the directory that you installed IWD to, there should be a directory called 'mpsave'. For example:

C:\Games\Icewind Dale\mpsave\

In here, you will see all your save games - For example:

C:\Games\Icewind Dale\mpsave\000000000-Auto-Save\
C:\Games\Icewind Dale\mpsave\000000001-Quick-Save\
C:\Games\Icewind Dale\mpsave\000000003-beginings\
C:\Games\Icewind Dale\mpsave\000000004-voyage to kuldahar\

etc. etc.

You must backup the whole directory for the game that you want (eg - 000000004-voyage to kuldahar), and then add it to the 'mpsave' directory on the new install.

Just one thing to make sure of - You cant have a game which is numbered the same on the new install. For example, if you added the directory 000000004-voyage to kuldahar\ when there was already a directory called 000000004-easthaven\ - you would get problems!!
I believe you can just rename one of them to 000000005 in windows - that should work fine (but dont take my word for it cos ive never tried it! Make sure you backup further before attempting to rename anything!!).

Hope that helps!
Old 11-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #3
Sir Tunstall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info Kroma! Whats weird is that I can see all other creatures like Goblins and orcs! Maybe tech support will help me....... Thanks again for the back up info!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #4
Sir Tunstall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SOMEBODY PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

HELP!?!
Old 11-16-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Tunstall, kindly please insert breaks into your words. It is causing horizontal scrollbars even on a 1024x768 resolution.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote