Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2003, 07:12 AM   #21
motub
The Magister

Yeah, but the original question was how to find the switch to open the geared door, so I don't see how warnie could be referring to a battle that occurs beyond that door.

Unless I'm missing something.

I'm confused....
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:07 AM   #22
NobleNick
Quintesson

Funny!

My guess is that either:

1.) Warnie was on 2nd floor (had passed by and missed the battle with mummy on first floor). Then, with motub's advice returned to 1st floor, then back down to 2nd, passed through the geared door and then, "WWIII."

2.) Warnie THOUGHT he was at geared door, when in fact he had confronted Mytos(?) on the first floor (I think there are columns in that room) and could not find that narrow corridor that leads off to the right (took me several DAYS to find it). Using motub's advice, he found the corridor and mummy. Then "WWIII" occurred when he continued down the narrow corridor, entered BWT level 2, and tried to clear the platform that he all thought he was at in the first place. (BTW, warnie, if this is true, then brace yourself: WW IV is around the corner!)

Either way: funny.

So, warnie, by the letters, where were (and are) you in this main sequence:

A.) Battle past shades and enter BWT1
B.) Go around the giant Jacuzzi of green goo and up the wide stairs to the North.
C.) Open doors at top of stairs, talk with undead boss and then kill him and his small following.
D.) From this room, that has exits to South (which you just came through), NW, N and NE, take the NE exit to enter a very narrow and hard to find corridor that doubles back to the South, past mummy's room, then hairpins to the N and then widens as you head S again.
E.) Take door at end of this corridor to enter BWT2.
F.) Battle your way up the wide colonaded path to some VERY wide stone stairs/steps, at the top of which is the triangular arrangement of columns (along with a small army to greet you).
G.) Pull lever on the pillar (column) nearest the stairs and then enter the wide doors that are farthest from the stairs.
H.) (No room descriptions past here, in case you haven't made it this far.)

What's a party,
without a song?
Bard's ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:16 PM   #23
warnie
Dungeon Master

he warnie man returns, and thanks to your wonderful advice doesnt have to anymore in to that kessie house of horrors.

I mean i printed out this thread and follwed it religously.The boys and me were up our heads full of skellies , ugly mages ,the guys with bad hair do's who throw those magic thingamajiges and those sword thingies what are like something left out of a bad bruce lee movie!

I mean come on , and that stupid shade , screws ya into doing his dirty work.
I mea do we really care if tht stupid wanker sits and entirty in the dark.

Ps you guys were right , . Im embarssed to admit it , but i was stuck by a door that wasnt a door and spent months looking for the switch to open it lmao cheers
warnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 06:16 PM   #24
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

AWWWWWWWWW im sorry warnie (sucks to be you!) Another thing is i think this is the longest post ever under IWD!! (well probably not ever but this place has been dead) Hopefully warnie has woken us up again because i think im goinng to start back up with IWD again! Thanks Warnie!