Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2003, 11:51 PM   #11
warnie
Dungeon Master

ps were are the mummies? the daddieeeeeeeeeees too? lmao
warnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:08 AM   #12
kartetse
The Magister

Sorry, mate! Welcome! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember the paw rockie coming from the chest in the chamber behind the jacuzzi on the right...

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:42 AM   #13
motub
The Magister

Well, here's another screenshot/walkthru page (a little bigger than the other one):

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd/walk/1_4_2.shtml .

At this point, I would like to know specifically what keys you actually have, warnie. It is also possible that you can't get to the room with the Talisman that opens the lever because you don't have the key to that door.

I know that you have the Gate Key (or you couldn't be in the tomb), and since you have the Holy Symbol of Mykrul (the ugly head thingy), you must also have the Sanctum Key and the Priest's Key. However, you need the Mausoleum Key from the first level to open the door to the room on the second level where you can find the Black Wolf Talisman (the rock with the paw print). This area is just lousy with needing keys to get to other keys, half of which don't even look like keys .

The room with the Mausoleum Key is where you fight the Mummy (on the first floor). And since you say you don't recall seeing a Mummy, I suspect you may not have this key (your first Mummy is kinda memorable, I would think).

The Mummy and key are behind a not-very-secret door in that horrible little twisty hallway where your characters always get lost or stuck (at least mine did) on the way to the exit to level 2. Screenshot of this level here.

Once you have this key, you should be able to go back downstairs and open the locked door/gate on the southeast side of the gear-door room (it's kinda hidden in shadows behind a decorative pillar against the wall, easy to miss that there's a big 'ol door there), which should give you the Plain Key, which enables you to open the locked door/gate on the southwest side of the room, where you can fight a whole lot of unpleasant creatures to eventually get the Black Wolf Talisman which was the whole point of the thing. I wasn't kidding about this area being a big scavenger hunt.

I personally think that once you have the BWT, you will be able to open the pillar, even if you can't "see" it, or that you will be able to see the lever once you have the BWT. But... does anyone know what happens if you install TotL when you don't have HoW installed? In terms of patching, I mean?

If warnie doesn't want to go out and buy HoW right now, downloading TotL might be a solution for the patch.

Or of course you could get the regular patch from http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/downloads.shtml, but according to the readme it does not affect this issue.

Don't forget to rest before going down to level 3 once you have the doors open. You'll have earned it, what with all this difficulty, and you'll need it.

[ 11-12-2003, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: motub ]
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:17 AM   #14
kartetse
The Magister

Sorry, warnie, motub! I was wrong! Please accept my apologies! I did try though

motub's description is quite clear though, isn't it!

kartetse

---------------------

[ 11-12-2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: kartetse ]
Old 11-12-2003, 09:12 AM   #15
NobleNick
Quintesson

Excellent write up, Motub!

I can clarify on your question about TotLM: Installing TotLM without HoW = very bad idea. So bad, in fact, that I don't think it is allowed.

I don't even know what patch to use if HoW is not installed.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bard's ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:11 AM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

For IWD without HoW,

IWD Patch

For IWD+HoW,

HoW Patch

For IWD+HoW+TotL, (DO NOT INSTALL TotL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HoW!!!!)

Trials of the Luremaster Mod
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #17
warnie
Dungeon Master

ere we go lets give it yet another try....lol
Old 11-13-2003, 05:20 PM   #18
warnie
Dungeon Master

gday there lads and lasses!

well , yeah things sorta have picked up a lot since we last spoke, though who the hell knows were its going lol!

thanks to your heaps good advice ( esp. the Motub amongst others), i finally found that mummy bastard and we had it out.took the mauseloeum key and went down the stairs and found meself in the middle of bloody world war three.
there's this skellie wizard , these wrights and heaps of ugly skellies all pouncing on me head. this is lvl two , i do believe. but is this taking me closer to the famed Black wolf tali?

cheers lads and lasses
Old 11-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #19
motub
The Magister

Oh no--- do not tell me that the reason you couldn't find this switch is because you were looking at pillars on the first floor (i.e., this is the first time you've actually been on the second floor)....!

If that isn't the case, and the huge battle you're talking about is not the main one in the pillared hall leading to the room with the three pillars in the form of a triangle, and in that room itself, then yes, you're most likely about to get the Black Wolf Talisman.

If you're in a very swanky-looking room, with traps all over the place (starting with the doorway), and as you said, several wights and other very hard creatures (though I don't remember a skeleton wizard, but hey), then that's the place.

But I think not, because the skelly wizard I do remember is standing right in the middle of the three-pillar formation that we all thought you were already at (and had cleared) when you asked about the switch....

[ 11-13-2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: motub ]
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 04:44 AM   #20
kartetse
The Magister

Nope - There is a World War III there, just after the geared door, with a skelly wizard! What works with him is standing your party outside that door and sending in a fast runner (not to run in fast, mind!) to attract attention and lure the lot into your waiting armada. Do them one or two at at time, then allow skelly to loose his stinking cloud spell, wait for it to dissipate (its really got an anoying and awful stench) and then rush him, once he's gone (and his matey archers, small-fry really) you walk into the main Wolf's chambers and have yourself a nice chat...

kartetse

---------------------