Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2003, 12:12 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Old 01-16-2003, 12:15 PM   #12
realbinky
Elminster

Timber, you are right, I did not read it all. I was addressing the sentiments here, not the 84 points precisely. And I do not have the knowledge that these 84 points are right, wrong, or taken out of context for obvious reasons. I DO know that they posted this list without a list of 84 (maybe even 840) good things he has done. And I bet a pro-Bush/repub site, or even an objective site, could. I could certainly come up with 84 evil things about Bubba.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:20 PM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Bubba is an ex-president, though. Why Bush supporters keep demonizing him is a mystery to me - it does not justify mistakes made now. Harkening back in history to those who were worse is not only an illogical excuse - it's also a silly one.

But, if we're on the topic, I support Bubba for two main reasons:
1. Economy, economy, economy
2. The first person in history to get NPR to broadcast not only the phrase, but also entire programs dedicated to, "Oral Sex." [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 12:26 PM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

So what Binky... no one is talking about "Bubba"... and besides, it's better to screw an intern than a whole country... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 12:59 PM   #15
realbinky
Elminster

Timber, I don't thank Bubba for the economy, but Bush Sr. During Bill's reign, it dropped from the high it was at to near the level it is now. The first term of any president owes the state of the economy to the previous. So what the economy is now is thanks to Bill C at the end. And I am not saying Bush is ok because Bill made mistakes, only that it is possible to say such things about any president. Jorath, he is NOT screwing the country. He is doing what he, and a lot of us, thinks is best for the country overall. I certainly do have some issues, but again, overall, I am happy with his performance. And he is a LOT smarter than most give him dredit for. So he makes up words, he is a smart guy.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:49 PM   #16
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

great site. I was entertained for hours
Old 01-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #17
Gammit
Elminster

Hilarious! Reminds me of my friend's quote: "I used to be a republican, but then I graduated high school."

Ok, so I'm really a moderate and do like some republicans (and some democrats), but I fear for our country right now.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:48 PM   #18
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

MagiK, there is nothing wrong with the English.
Sorry, I just had to say that, being one myself!
And about the Bush argument, quite simply, You can never please everyone. That's why he is voted in. The majority voted for him, and the majority support him. He will always have opposition somewhere in the country, so obviously not everyone will like what he does.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:26 PM   #19
Judas Maccabeus
The Magister

Correction, slicer: the minority voted for him. Gore got more regular votes. Bush happened to get more electoral votes.
<br /><br />\'Far be it from me to do such a thing as flee from them! If our time has come, let us die bravely for our kinsmen and not leave a stain upon our glory!\'<br />--1 Maccabees 9:10
Old 01-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #20
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Judas Maccabeus:
Correction, slicer: the minority voted for him. Gore got more regular votes. Bush happened to get more electoral votes.
And thank the Good Lord he did too!!! Al Gore would have still had his thumb up his a$$, trying to figure out what to do with the Taliban and Osama and company! Heck, Gore's home state didn't even vote for him. Dubya has done a good job in office! I'm not happy with all the things he's done since he got elected, but all in all, he's done a pretty good job, for a supposed "dumb cowboy" from Texas. Oh BTW, did you all guess I voted for him.