Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I got home from Christmas shopping at 9:45 P.M. friday night and started checking my E-MAIL. Then at 10:05 I clicked on my IW icon and 6 sec.later I was there and that was with 56K dial up but it was a ghost town, it said no Visitors were on-line and there wasn't any new posts I thought I'M the first to use the New server YAHOO!! I'm not first at many things lately so this was very cool, Firday the 13th and I'm #1. nobody had posted anything since the 4th when IW took the dive, It was like finding an old friend after many months even though it was only 9 days what a good feeling but it was really wierd being the only person there for more than an hour when ghost's (non-registered visitors)started showing up. For awhile it was just really strange, you'd know the feeling if you have ever been in an empty store all by yourself you feel like the last person on earth, the only person in the world.
WELCOM BACK
P.S. this server is so fast I can't believe I'm on dial up tonight again 6 sec. is all it took to be at the forum home page from windows E-Mail this is great!!
Old 12-14-2002, 05:36 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That happened to me once too. It said: 1 member, no guests. There i was, all by myself.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:44 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Maybe you guys want to check your internet deodorant? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 12-14-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 12-14-2002, 05:51 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Maybe you guys want to check your internet deodorant? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Do you think peanut butter under my armpits scares people away ?
Old 12-14-2002, 05:52 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Do you think peanut butter under my armpits scares people away ? [/QUOTE]No, but where you might be keeping the jelly scares me...lol.
Old 12-14-2002, 06:06 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
I got home from Christmas shopping at 9:45 P.M. friday night and started checking my E-MAIL. Then at 10:05 I clicked on my IW icon and 6 sec.later I was there and that was with 56K dial up but it was a ghost town, it said no Visitors were on-line and there wasn't any new posts I thought I'M the first to use the New server YAHOO!! I'm not first at many things lately so this was very cool, Firday the 13th and I'm #1. nobody had posted anything since the 4th when IW took the dive, It was like finding an old friend after many months even though it was only 9 days what a good feeling but it was really wierd being the only person there for more than an hour when ghost's (non-registered visitors)started showing up. For awhile it was just really strange, you'd know the feeling if you have ever been in an empty store all by yourself you feel like the last person on earth, the only person in the world.
WELCOM BACK
P.S. this server is so fast I can't believe I'm on dial up tonight again 6 sec. is all it took to be at the forum home page from windows E-Mail this is great!!
Well, I am glad this paid off.. I seriously went to bed unknowning if I inserted the correct DNS servers at netsol.. (RR didn't provide the name servers.. dorks).. so I took a wild (but good) guess, and I grinned WIDE when I saw 7 people on the forum when I woke up! GREAT FEELING!!!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-15-2002, 02:49 PM   #7
Lioness
Jack Burton

Once I was on the forum alone, and no one else could access it..... [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] :evillaugh3:

And you all wonder where those cows went...
Old 12-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Don't remember exactly when, but I landed in GD once with nobody there. Great work, Ziroc, getting all of that hard work done in such a short time.

Lioness, good to see ya. Is Prep School out for Christmas?