Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 11:48 AM   #1
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

hey folks it's been awhile...
hm went shopping yesterday. ran into something interesting

ok I arrived at the Meijer store and saw this handsome long-haired black husky/chow (has a black tongue hanging out of his mouth) in an old clunker of a car across from me with car's windows rolled down so doggy can look out and be cooler.
I went into the store and spent about oh 45 minutes up to an hour shopping.
I went back to put groceries into my car and heard loud voices.

As I get closer to my car, the loudness increased.
From the bits and pieces of the arguing, it turns out that there's an argument between the dog-owner and another woman about the dog being in the car on a hot day.
it was a shouting match whereas the dog looks very puzzled by their behavior. X3
"You should have KNOWN better to put your dog in the car on the hot day like this!"
"shut up bitch!"
"I should report you!" *stomps off to her car*
"up yours!"
hm here's my point of view:
Let's say, the whole situation was handled poorly. "what you give is what you get"
the other woman is a believer of "whoever yell the loudest wins" when confront ing someone
as for the dog-owner, she shouted back, will forget about it, and continue on her way shopping.
nobody wins

ah but... always watch out for the quiet ones.
After it was over, the dog owner made a mistake. She saw me and grinned as if she is saying : "geez, is she a loud-mouth or what?" concept.
I looked back at her, took a piece of paper and pen out of my purse, and wrote down her car ID
Suddenly that action wiped the smile off her face.

Another thing: who knows about the dog-owner? perhaps she can't leave the dog behind because he'll might tear her house apart in anger? maybe she needed him?
this in her favor: she kept the windows completely down which is more than other folks did.
BUT.... she was gone for a long time... I don't know how long she was in the store when I arrived and I don't know if she left a bowl of water in the car for him.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:55 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I do that myself all the time, but i'll leave the keys in the car as well, so if the dog is bored or the heat gets to him he can drive home himself. It's okay, i'll understand and grab a cab ! [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 09:42 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

heh! When I had Herman, my dashund (sp?), mother and I take him when we can. but when he REALLY wants to go on the hot day. We take a cooler with bottles of water and a bowl with us. If we plan to be gone for a long time, I stay with the dog while she shop. I leave the door of the van open and sit next to Herman (to keep him jumping out) while we are waiting for her to finish.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

I read the thread title as 'hot dogs gone to the days' and thought 'what the heck?' Shortly after I considered taking a walk down to my local opticians.

Well anyway, I think it was wise to stay out of the argument. I personally would try and avoid taking a dog in the car with me, hot day or not. I don't think it's fair to have animals cooped up in hot places, especially if they don't have enough air or water. Maybe the dog owner had no choice, but either way, it's not exactly ideal to have a dog sweltering in the back of your car while you shop.

[ 07-11-2002, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]