Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 11:46 PM   #1
Dturner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Most of the Golems I have run into haven't been much trouble, Until I encountered the Adamantite Golem. This one is giving me a bit of trouble although I have found that the enchanted weapon spell seems able to affect it, but does very little damage.

Any tips? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2001, 11:49 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try range weapons like the spell Melf's Minute Meteors, or weapons such as Sling of Everard. It will need +3 or better weapon to hit those big golems, and most damage are very little at a time.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 01:24 AM   #3
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Admantium golems are made out of the hardest substance there is in Baldur's gate. Only magical weapons +3 or better can hurt them at all, and only then the magical damage only gets through. No weapon damage at all gets through their armor, only the magical bonuses.
So you might do 2-4 damage a hit. Thats it. The overall way to kill them is either have a well protected warrior with very Low AC and backup healers waiting take it on, or gank it. Have all 6 characters with +3 or better weapons hit it all at once, and try and take it down as fast as possible. Since it can only hit one of you at a time, the one taking the damage can drink healing potions.
The are also slow, you can run back from them and heal up if damaged with enough time. Then head back in. A great tactic is to get some summoned monsters to act as fodder. And yes, melfs meteors work well.
Old 06-09-2001, 01:28 AM   #4
Ratweed
Manshoon

What i did was give my main charecter improved haste and rushed him so he rarely got a hit off that seemed to work well plus i had the celestial fury so i stunned him occasionaly
Old 06-09-2001, 05:49 AM   #5
Vampire

They do poison cloud which will affect you. Try fire elementals and tansheron's bow that shoots unlimited phantom arrows+3. Found on Adventurer's Mart or Cattie Brie.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:12 PM   #6
Volourn
Manshoon

Have a character with stonskin on take the brunt of his attack. Therefore no damage will be taken as he'll waste his attacks on the protected character. Or have a regeneration one take the hits, and then regenerate after the battle is over.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:22 PM   #7
demus
Manshoon

Ok, just how many times have I seen this Question?
Right, some advice, Adamantium golems may be strong and hard to hurt, but they are also very big, which is an immense disadvantage. Try to find somewhere nearby that they can't get through (a doorway or small passage) then shoot them with Tansherons bow or the Azure Edge (the best throwing axe in the game imho ). SPOILER below
Azure Edge is easy to get, just complete the Slaves quest in the Copper Coronet, then buy it off Bernard and Tansherns Bow can be bought in Trademeet after the Geine things Quest is complete (kill the Racasha s/p bloke)

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by demus (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 02:14 PM   #8
Dturner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for your help, it was useful. I also found something that worked: hitting one of these golems with one, or better two, lower resistance spells leaves them rather vulnerable to spells. Magic missiles seem to work best since you have multiple change each shot to get past the remaining magic resistance. This takes some time, but if you have enough mages ( I have Nalia, Airie, and the main character fighter/mage) you can do this and probably not take any damage, if you get on the other side of a doorway or something to keep the Golem at a distance.