Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
Cybaslasher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

has anyone played a multiplayer game with other people and finished it with the same people?
Old 06-08-2001, 07:28 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Cybaslasher!

I am playing IWD/HoW with one other person and we did finish IWD a few days ago and plan now to finish HoW. He and I were in a BG2 game with a third person who left, so I doubt we'll finish that game. Figures! I've already played through IWD in single play, but not BG2! So now I guess I'll dust off my single game and see if I can remember what the heck I've done and was going to do! I'm still in CH2!

I may try and set up another BG2 game as a multi, one day. I really enjoy multi-play and BG2 was lots of fun that way! A little advice? Keep the number of players to two or three. And always keep in mind that it's possible the other player(s) could bail out for whatever reason, so don't get too attached to your game unless YOU host it. You could play it as a single game then in order to finish if you really wanted to. But don't count on finding someone to fill in for a bailed player...I've found that nobody wants to jump in midway and use another person's pc...sigh...

Good luck in any multi-player games you start!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 08:02 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am playing two right now and have no idea. Give me a few months and I'll get back with you on it.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-09-2001, 12:12 AM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

The problem with Multiplayer games you play on sites such as GameSpy, is that you never know who you'll get to play with you. Unless you know the people, its very hard to play a complete chapter, much less a game. I was on almost 8 hours one day, and never even completed chapter 1, so many kids and hackers and irritating people there who you'll get.

So Unless you get some people you know are great gameplayers, you will have a very bad time trying multiplayer.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:56 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Gamespy is IMO a complete waste of time. Lag is horrible, you maynot even be able to join a game after 7289579823 tries and when you do the guy who started the game migth think youre taking too long and boot you.

Youd be better off starting a TCP/IP game with someone you know.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 02:44 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I only play direct TCP/IP games as multi-player games! You only play with people you choose in advance that way and the connection is direct.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-09-2001).]