Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2003, 06:35 PM   #21
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

M, 18, student. Yep, this place sure makes me feel young and stupid... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:38 AM   #22
kartetse
The Magister

Young - is OK, enjoy!
Stupid - You are not! If we're doing something let's get it, so we can change, but otherwise I think we have a collection of helpfully bright people here. It's a resource to be utilized and enjoyed.

Oops, sorry for the preachy bit there...

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...

[ 11-13-2003, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: kartetse ]
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:15 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

20 (21 in December), Military Service. Kids? Merely a nightmare and figment of the imagination now. Girlfriend? Maybe when I can actually support myself financially and accumulate substantial savings. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

First PnP: Robotech

First CRPG: Septerra Core (which I still play from time to time)

Total Number Of CRPGs Played: 8

Other Genres I Commonly Play: Adventure(8), RTS(10), BuildingSim(3), FPS(1), MechSim(2), TacticalSim(3), Turn-BasedSim(5), SideScroller(1), MMORTS(1), etc... ...

Numbers indicated completed games. I should have more, but I am not at home to sift through my titles now.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #24
Mundus
Dungeon Master

male, 17. got hooked on IWD then went out an brought BG I an II in the same day (both r exellent) i then brought IWD II as soon as it came out!!
Old 11-15-2003, 03:26 AM   #25
Midget Gems

Midget Gems is actually a family, there's Dad (50) and 2 teenagers (16 & 13).
The name originated from an early BG1 party and we have used it ever since thru' BG1,2 & IWD1,2. The old guy gets to do most of the posts, while the boys sometimes lose interest in adventuring and go off into FPS (sad).

I studied Computer Science in Manchester (home of the first real computer) and now work in Aerospace. The kids are into sport and computer games, but not girls - yet!
Old 11-17-2003, 07:51 AM   #26
NobleNick
Quintesson

Dundee,

Quite a gaming resume' you have!

What is a Mechsim, FPS and MMORTS?

I am interested to hear which tactical sims you like. My fave tactical sims of all time are Myth and Myth II. Age of Empires was good. I have also enjoyed the Blizzard products: WarCraft, WC II, StarCraft, and (currently playing) SC Brood Wars.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:07 AM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Dundee,
Quite a gaming resume' you have!
What is a Mechsim, FPS and MMORTS?
I am interested to hear which tactical sims you like. My fave tactical sims of all time are Myth and Myth II. Age of Empires was good. I have also enjoyed the Blizzard products: WarCraft, WC II, StarCraft, and (currently playing) SC Brood Wars.
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
MechSim? Mechwarrior 3 & 4. I was not sure what genre to put it under, so I made a new one for them.

I started off as a RTS freak, C&C Dawn being the first PC game I played. I mourned when Westwood folded, for it was the company that introduced me to the PC gaming world. RTS still remains my number one obsession, although the latest titles have been quite jaded. I have high hopes for C&C Generals though.

Tactical Sims? Why, the excellent Rainbow Six series. No cheesy 100 HP for me! I like the thrill of knowing that ONE well placed bullet is all that stands between victory and defeat. Well... that and the tragic operaric scenes of squads being mowed down by the ruthless AI. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It is a game that really makes you think before you shoot. Not to mention the tension!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote