Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 11:46 PM   #11
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Don't taunt me dude.

You're right about hockey, i've seen footage about riots after a hockeygame. I'm not sure anymore if it was in Toronto or Vancouver, but it reminded me of happenings back home.

But you're trying to say that such things don't happen in the US ? Such behaviour is beyond your civilazation ?

Still with me ?

I know you're a sportsfreak, so you too must have heard what happened in Chicago every time Michael Jordan and the Bulls presented the trophy to the crowd. Over a thousand arrests during a celebration comes pretty close to "football behaviour", don't you think ? And after that, when the Lakers won, it wasn't much better if i remember correctly.
Sports freak? Pfeh! I really cant stand any other sports beside Hockey. I only really comment in the basketball threads because my family watches Basketball alot.

Besides, I said hockey fans, not Americans.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You're sailing in troubled water now, but i rest my case. It's getting kinda late here.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:15 AM   #13
Djinn Raffo
Ra

There is only one team.

Vancouver Canucks

and that is it.. all else can $%#@ off..
Old 06-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #14
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Then why didn't they win the Stanley Cup then Djinn?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #15
Animal
Gold Dragon

Vancouver didn't win the cop, but Vancouver fans stick by their team, unlike someothers.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:28 AM   #16
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I don't understand... how can you root for the Stars AND the Redwings AND some other teams ? Maybe you think this is a stupid question, but where i come from you won't get away with comments like that without someone jumping you.
I don't see why you one is not allowed to like more than one team. Things are a bit different in Ontario, you can't like both the Senators and the Leafs. Impossible. Although I am a Leafs fan I still like the Canucks and the Hurricanes. Oh and I also love every team that bashes the Senators.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:30 AM   #17
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Sports freak? Pfeh! I really cant stand any other sports beside Hockey. I only really comment in the basketball threads because my family watches Basketball alot.

Besides, I said hockey fans, not Americans.
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I believe that says it all.

Djinn, absolutely. If one doesn't stand by ones team through hardship as well , you're not a fan. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 11:06 AM   #18
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I don't see why you one is not allowed to like more than one team. Things are a bit different in Ontario, you can't like both the Senators and the Leafs. Impossible. Although I am a Leafs fan I still like the Canucks and the Hurricanes. Oh and I also love every team that bashes the Senators.
It was funny how all those leaf fans (who despise the Sens) jumped on the Sens band wagon when the leafs were out. Ottawa deserved the cup New Jersey just got lucky.

[ 06-23-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 06-24-2003, 06:18 AM   #19
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
It was funny how all those leaf fans (who despise the Sens) jumped on the Sens band wagon when the leafs were out. Ottawa deserved the cup New Jersey just got lucky.
*mutters* Those so called Leafs fans weren't fans at all. You don't root for the Senators ever. I might as well root for the Habs instead. *shudders*
Old 06-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #20
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Vancouver didn't win the cop, but Vancouver fans stick by their team, unlike someothers.
Hey Im a Devils fan, always have been always will be