Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 10:43 PM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

...And absoulutley STOLD a good draft pick.

Its good to be a
Devils fan.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-21-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Eeerm...correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't you rooting for the Stars a few weeks ago ?
Old 06-21-2003, 10:51 PM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Stars. Devils. Wings.

Well actually I like the Stars and Devils alot more then the Wings. Just a few players on Detrorit and not the entire team. Hull, Chelios, Lidstrom, and Hasek when he was there...

And Yzerman is good.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-21-2003, 11:06 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't understand... how can you root for the Stars AND the Redwings AND some other teams ? Maybe you think this is a stupid question, but where i come from you won't get away with comments like that without someone jumping you.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:12 PM   #5
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well, Jeresy was the first team I ever watched. Dallas is the 'home' team. And Detorit...Well, they are just good.

What, your allowed to like one team over there in the Netherlands?
Old 06-21-2003, 11:15 PM   #6
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I don't understand... how can you root for the Stars AND the Redwings AND some other teams ? Maybe you think this is a stupid question, but where i come from you won't get away with comments like that without someone jumping you.
He is young johnny, so he hasn't been beaten up for not rooting for the "right" team. Actually our grand iron ranger is the ultimate hockey nut. He is for every hockey team except the Canadian ones, but that's because of Willow. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually because of the continous player/team scandals and trials coupled with team jumping by star players and respect being publically stated as repect=$, there is actually very little fan loyalty to teams by people under 25 years old.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #7
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
quote:
He is young johnny, so he hasn't been beaten up for not rooting for the "right" team. Actually our grand iron ranger is the ultimate hockey nut. He is for every hockey team except the Canadian ones, but that's because of Willow. [img]smile.gif[/img]

How did you know that? I have never disclosed such information! But your part right, I like to think of my self as a fan of the sport as a whole, not just teams.

Actually because of the continous player/team scandals and trials coupled with team jumping by star players and respect being publically stated as repect=$, there is actually very little fan loyalty to teams by people under 25 years old.
[/QUOTE] Non-sence. I am loyal to my teams. One of the great things about NJ, Lou Lameriello seems to almost brain wash his players into staying there. Daneyko, Stevens is going to retire there, and as bene playing there a decade now. Broduer said he intends on staying a life long Devil.

Well there was that whole Elias thing the last year (or was it the year before that? Cant remember). But anyway, shame on us for not mentiong the passing of Roger Neilson yet.

[ 06-21-2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
Old 06-21-2003, 11:23 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Well, Jeresy was the first team I ever watched. Dallas is the 'home' team. And Detorit...Well, they are just good.

Of course not, but what sane man can root for several teams in the same competition ? It's just not right, like if you're suffering from some kind of multiple personality syndrom, or if you can't make up your mind.

I can tell you this though, don't go to a European footballstadium and talk about how much you respect teams that are NOT the current hometeam.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:

Of course not, but what sane man can root for several teams in the same competition ? It's just not right, like if you're suffering from some kind of multiple personality syndrom, or if you can't make up your mind.

I can tell you this though, don't go to a European footballstadium and talk about how much you respect teams that are NOT the current hometeam.
[/QUOTE] Well...All the more reason to watch Hockey then. Nice sensible fans.

Well beside those Canadians of course. Go on a riot everytime there team loses! Did you see any riots in New Jeresy in 2001? Hmm Vancouver? See any riots in the The Czech Republic in 98'?

[ 06-21-2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
Old 06-21-2003, 11:42 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Don't taunt me dude.

You're right about hockey, i've seen footage about riots after a hockeygame. I'm not sure anymore if it was in Toronto or Vancouver, but it reminded me of happenings back home.

But you're trying to say that such things don't happen in the US ? Such behaviour is beyond your civilazation ?

Still with me ?

I know you're a sportsfreak, so you too must have heard what happened in Chicago every time Michael Jordan and the Bulls presented the trophy to the crowd. Over a thousand arrests during a celebration comes pretty close to "football behaviour", don't you think ? And after that, when the Lakers won, it wasn't much better if i remember correctly.