Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2003, 05:42 PM   #11
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I like SKA. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Less than Jake, Reel Big Fish (The old stuff, not really the new stuff) I'm not going into detail
Old 04-25-2003, 05:42 PM   #12
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I like various forms of rock. [img]smile.gif[/img]
My favourite of them would be psychedelic, with my absolute favourite band being "The Doors". Second after psychedelic, I guess progressive rock, with bands like "Emerson, Lake & Palmer", "Matching Mole" and "Soft Machine". It can't get any better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #13
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
I like various forms of rock. [img]smile.gif[/img]
My favourite of them would be psychedelic, with my absolute favourite band being "The Doors". Second after psychedelic, I guess progressive rock, with bands like "Emerson, Lake & Palmer", "Matching Mole" and "Soft Machine". It can't get any better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Have you ever listened to any Orgy? They're great. Deadsy's a bit different, but you might like them as well.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:06 PM   #14
GForce

I prefer instrumentals. My fav artists are Anugama (ecclectic), Oscar Lopez (guitar), Govi (guitar), and a little of the ole African drum beats.

Old 04-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #15
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Firim Silraven:
quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
I like virtually everything except Pop and Modern Country.
Hey, what's wrong with modern country? There's some dang great singers out there, some more traditional than others. Some of my favourites are:7

Garth Brooks (ok, not as country as he was in his first few albums, but still great)
Brad Paisley (youngster playing for the old crew)
Terri Clark (this woman is the most underrated singer in the world, and she keeps it real country. Check out her latest album, Pain To Kill. Superb)
Randy Travis
Lonestar (ok, ok, pretty pop-country)

But there's also the old guard who I like aswell. Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Jr (I've never heard much from Sr.).

More people should listen to country. It gets too much stick from people who have never even given it a chance.
[/QUOTE]Believe me I've given it a chance... but in the end I don't think it's got the soul of old country, Willy, Johnny and gang. Too much money, too much glitz, too much... POP (yuk!). Then there's Bluegrass... which I've liked for YEARS (long before "O Brother where art Thou" made it cool to like".
Old 04-25-2003, 06:59 PM   #16
Masklinn

Bring me Bootsy Collins and his star-shaped bass guitar, thx.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:21 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
And this topic has NOT been done fifty times
My taste in music is a mystery and I like to keep it that way...
oh [img]tongue.gif[/img] to you you area party pooper [/QUOTE]I was being sarcastic about the 2nd bit cos everyone knows my taste - it's obvious....or were you referring to the 1st bit?
Old 04-25-2003, 08:16 PM   #18
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

lets see i like System of a down, Korn, Slipknot, stonesour, rage against the machine, godsmack, disturbed (they are so good live), nine inch nails, incubus, silver chair, deftones, cradel of filth, queens of the stoneage, Black flag, anti flag, sublime, and more metal and rock.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:44 PM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

J POP!!!! it's like adrenaline!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:20 PM   #20
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

I'll listen to anything but rap, pop, and jazz.