Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 05:07 PM   #1
Conan

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Its harvests, smells, and feels. When I think of cool nights and warm days of Fall I almost lose myself in past memories. Piling up leaves and swinging from a rope into them, watching foilage colors and singeling out the trees I know, rolling in their fallen leaves. (ok not that much ) It is perfect Fall here now I wanted to share it with you all.
Watching the animals feed and gather for the Winter. Sports of all kinds. Hiking parks and fishing different waters. Feeling part of it all. Walking for half a day and still ..no sweat. Seeing the signs of change and all of it changing together.
What does Fall mean to you and what date of the year does it come? Remember, Spring is not the only time flowers bloom ------------------
*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 10-15-2001).]

Old 10-15-2001, 05:55 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Indeed Conan, I was thinking similar thoughts this weekend, as we had PERFECT weather. Not too many days of the year here it gets to a perfect 75 degrees with no humidity. 75 is my favorite temperature I love the smell of the leaves in the fall, and the sound of them rustling around on the ground when the wind blows. The colorful leaves are especially beautiful to me when it is a cloudy day, as they stand out like neon.

Btw, nice flower pic! You got your pumpkin yet?!?

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 10:11 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

sheesh, hours have gone by an no other posts to this thread?

C'mon guys, what, yall indifferent to seasons or what?

Feel the frikken Love for this planet!!!! doh....

Bump!

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 10:48 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

Bump!
YAY!!! me juzt lovez de planet shooooooo muji zat me caanot tulk abutit iv me doz tulk abuitit mez gonna huv baaaaaaaaaaad headache ARRGGGGGHHHHHH

lol, ok, I love fall. I love, above all else, raining!!! my best experience is when I am walking in a nice forest, tall woods, but do not block sunlight, wind blows the top part of the tree to make singing sound, leaves flying, then clouds come in, and covers the sky, no thunder, but you knwo it is going to rain. winds blow faster, but not chill, everything just start singing around you (sound by winds) but at the same time, it is calm and quiet... ahhh, such feeling!
Old 10-18-2001, 02:21 PM   #5
onthepequod
Quintesson

Fall is an excellent time! For some of us it brings the last beautiful days, replete with vibrant colors, before a cold and sterile winter sets in. It’s a time for long conversational strolls through a heavily wooded park with the thick scent of fallen leaves in the air. A time of reflection on days gone by and things to come. A season for quiet contemplation. And a time of thankfulness for the comforts that have been afforded us.

------------------

Founding Member of The Order of Royal Toads
Old 10-18-2001, 02:28 PM   #6
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

Bump!

I have a lady that works for me who uses "fricken or friggen" as an adjective every day. Its funny too. I like autumn. For me, its the most romantical time of the year. I like the crisp, cool air and the pretty trees. Granted, I'm not gay, so I'm not saying this in a gay way I hope. Just take it as a testosterone packed post if you will.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-18-2001, 03:20 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I must say I do hold a special reservation for autumn (fall for you americans)
and second or equal to that for me is winter.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-18-2001, 03:34 PM   #8
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
I have a lady that works for me who uses "fricken or friggen" as an adjective every day. Its funny too. I like autumn. For me, its the most romantical time of the year. I like the crisp, cool air and the pretty trees. Granted, I'm not gay, so I'm not saying this in a gay way I hope. Just take it as a testosterone packed post if you will.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
My favorite part of fall is the clothing. I have natural winter coloring and the styles of fall really bring out my best features. And of course, I just love the big fuzzy sweaters. My favorite ensemble is my angora sweater, a nice little silk mini, and my red Maggliachi pumps. Absolutely fabulous!
I'm saying this in a transvestite way, but not a weirdo transvestite, more of an executive transvestite...

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.

Old 10-18-2001, 03:41 PM   #9
Absynthe

Seriously, Conan, Autumn is my favorite time of year. The smells of the forest as everything winds down for the year, the quiet nights with just the wind blowing, it's all so comforting somehow. And of course the anticipation of the coming holidays is always nice. Time spent with your loved ones, sharing stories and food, just sitting about in a nice warm room. I especially love foggy mornings, when the sun is just starting to break through, and you can hear the water drip off the trees.

Old 10-18-2001, 05:26 PM   #10
Conan

Now I am seeing some feelings! I know you all are enjoying it as much as I! Triple R.. I remember the Black forest in the Fall. Hmmm.. seems like October fest is going on about now....are you keeping the toe up or down

------------------
*\Conan/*