Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
Kaneida
The Magister

Been reading alot about how you guys are making cool weapons using the IEEP. I use it too, but I found a little problem with the editor and I just wanted to see if others are experiencing the same problem.

When I make my weapon and using "Fixed/Random Damage" and setting that to Magicfire, if I use that weapon in the game, it crashes. I know for sure because I've removed and replaced it several times just to make sure. I've also used just regular fire damage instead of magicfire and that is OK.

So, my solution here is to not recommend using Magicfire in "Fixed/Random Damage". Are you experiencing the same crash problem too. Thanks for your replies.
Kaneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

No, I haven't encountered this. Are you using only Shadows of Amn? Do you have the latest patch update? Are you using Throne of Bhaal? Do you have any patches for that? Are you using any mods? (I apologize for all the questions, but they are important to resolve the issue.)

Also, go to my profile and e-mail me your weapon; I'll take a look at it. I will also create such a weapon today and test it.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 05:35 PM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

just copy the page of fixed/random damage from another fire dealing weapon, then modify it to do the amount of damage that you want. that should take care of it for you.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 05:38 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

oh, and welcome!! wow, lots of new members now. we are over SEVEN THOUSAND!!!!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 05:56 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Morgan Corbesant is correct; copying from another weapon that does work is an excellent idea. I tried making a longsword that dealt extra magical fire damage and encountered no problems.

Also, I discovered another method for making the type of poison damage you wanted on that ninja-to, Morgan. The effect "summon insects/creeping doom" with parameters of k (some number) and 3 will make the target suffer the effect of an EFF file every k seconds. Examine sppr319; it has parameters 2 then 3 and casts ipdam1.eff every 2 seconds, causing 1 point of piercing damage. Using this, you could set that effect to 6, 3, and an EFF doing 1 point of poison damage. Congratulations again on figuring out IEEP!

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote