Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 05:46 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

Hi all!

I'm glad the forum's back up - I was a little worried.

Anyway, a quick question: has anyone had a situation where they were inserting a Chain event and all the events in that EVENT below it were erased? This happened when I was working on my design over the weekend.

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum

[This message has been edited by dominions (edited 08-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dominions (edited 08-13-2001).]
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:21 PM   #2
dominions
Elminster

Sorry CoaCoaSpud, I've found another bug: the cost multiplier for the Shop Event prices don't work.

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
Old 08-15-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

No need to be sorry, keep those bug reports coming

The cost multiplier sounds easy to reproduce and fix.

The event editor problem may be more troublesome. Were you inserting the event at the root or in between other events? Do you recall the event on either side of the insert point? Not sure it makes a difference but I cannot make this happen for me. This is a serious bug that needs high priority attention though. Nobody else has reported this problem.

Another question, did your events come from importing a UA design or was the event chain totally created yourself?

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
dominions
Elminster

Hi CocoaSpud

I inserted the chain in between two events. The previous event was another Chain (which was linked to the root) and the next event was a shop (I think).

The design was not imported. I am actually converting part of an old one that was in UA - but this is being done by hand not by the converter.

------------------

[This message has been edited by dominions (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 04:34 PM   #5
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the details. I'll try to reproduce this one but I may not be successful. I once saw this very thing happen long ago, but no matter how many things I tried I could not make it happen again.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Old 08-19-2001, 10:54 AM   #6
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

I cannot make this happen. I tried the events you mentioned and inserted several times. I tried the normal events, step events, and rest events. No luck causing the same problem though.

I'll keep trying, but if I can't reproduce it I won't be able to fix it in the next release. I'm sure it must be a particular set of circumstances that lead up to this, I just need to figure out what they are.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Old 08-20-2001, 04:26 AM   #7
dominions
Elminster

Thanks for trying, CocoaSpud.
have you tried putting an event on each part of the Chain that comes after the insert point?

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 05:12 AM   #8
dominions
Elminster

It's done it again.
I had a chain anchored to the root with various events off of it and decided to insert a chain at the root point. This put the chain in, but erased everything under it.

I tried to duplicate this on another PC but was unable to.

I wonder if this is due to that fact that I'm dealing with quests, or because there's alot of branching events after the insertion point.

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 06:20 AM   #9
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

Could you zip up two of your design files and email them to me? There is something different about your design compared to the simple designs I test with, and I think I need to figure out what it is.

I would only need the game.dat and levelxxx.lvl file, the level file that contains the events you're having the problem with. The xxx part starts with 000, so level 1 is level000.lvl. No need to include art, sound, or other design files.

The email to send to is CocoaSpud@hotmail.com

It would be a big help towards discovering the cause of this bug.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Old 08-21-2001, 09:26 AM   #10
dominions
Elminster

No problem. I'll send them over to you within the next day or two (can't at the moment due to them being at home).

------------------