Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I *REALLY* hate to have to delay the release, because I wanted to go nuts this weekend and let you all enjoy the new stuff, but I have been finding some major errors in 2 tilesets that will require at LEAST 4 days of work, and I feel that if I rush it out, it'll be like all the other retail games out--full of bugs, and need patches.

I want to make damn sure the final product is 100% ready, and checked over. I don't want to rush it, you know? Being sick pushed me back a month. I'll have enough time to release it on Nov 11th, so hang in there, I know you don't want to download the hak, and find out it needs fixes and needs to be re-downloaded. that would suck, and these extra days will save you all that trouble [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry guys, I suck with release dates

The Hakpak will consist of the following files:

efu_tiles - All the tilesets
efu_2da - all the datafiles
efu_snds - Sounds/Music
efu_place - Monsters / Placeables / Icons / Armor & Weapons
efu_patch - empty file, for future updates

[ 11-10-2005, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

No problem.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:23 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

No Problems here Z,

I've got a new character waiting in the wings ready to go and see everything.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I was upset about it, let me tell ya. Its a LOK tileset too. Its tile seems are not perfect, which can make you float up above the tileset.. [img]smile.gif[/img] or walk in place and get stuck.

Another is a combined tileset that is missing some textures, and has clipping issues. Easy to fix, but as I said, takes time. ugh [img]smile.gif[/img]

I MAY have it done before the 11th, so keep an eye out. The same day, I'm planning a large advertising campaign on IGN and Biowares site. Should pack the server up full of people!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

More victims for Misty and Halaster.. Muhahha, and the glowing eyes!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I think I'm fairly desensitized to release dates being pushed back.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
Zebodog

I was looking forward to exploring the new EfU tonight, but good things come to those who wait. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm willing to bet that even if you were to release it now, it would be more stable and have less bugs than most of the commercial games released these days.

There's nothing worse than a 100MB patch days after the initial release of a game.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

we can afford to wait for the good stuff.
after all, we are playing it now and enjoying it.
(well, not right at this second, as when I tried to go on the server was offline - 2:00pm or so).
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey if it makes it better, a few days is nothing to worry about! I may even have time to dl the hakpak and play then! WHOOHOO!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

FOUR DAYS LEFT...

FOUR DAYS LEFT...

(is counting them on my left hand, as the right hand is priming up the mouse for the update!!!)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

speaking of updating things...
anyone got word on what some of the best computer mice are for gaming purposes? I may be looking at upgrading my recently purchased optical mouse (arguably only $15) for something of a little more premium quality. any words of advice? and nothing wireless - I'd rather deal with the mess than deal with the stress.