Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the toughest Boss in Undermounatin
Level 12 Dragon Cave - Dracolich 1 5.56%
Haunted Isle - Dracolich 2 11.11%
Any of the Drow in the Proving Grounds 2 11.11%
Cavern to Level 13 - Half Dragon 3 16.67%
Level 12 - Grand High Wizard 1 5.56%
Level 8 - Inside Small Stone Tower - Green Dragon 3 16.67%
Greater Dragon Bone Golum on level 2 3 16.67%
Level 9 - Red Dragon 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

As the heading states I want to know who you think is the toughest boss/encounter in Undermountain.

NOTE: I have no chance in hell of remembering some of the dragon names so I will go with their color and level.

[ 11-17-2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 11-17-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Mostly the drow. Mad AC combined with near-complete immunities and regeneration means a long, dragged-out, mostly rather boring fight which likely qualifies as tough. I usually attack, get something to drink, catch a movie, feed the cat and return in time to see me deliver the killing blow.

The dragons are simply fun little playthings.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:06 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I have to go with the Level 12 Dragon Cave - Dracolich, it was pretty hard, of course I have not made it to the lizard king yet......
Old 11-17-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
Chuck Gabriel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Toughest SOLO fight for me is a tie between the Grand High Wizard and the Prismatic Dragon in Halaster's alternate universe on level 12. The level 12 Dracolich is undoubtedly tougher, but I've only faced him with a party. I don't think I could even get to him alone. The cultists outside his chamber hack me to bits even with a party.

Hmmm. Forgot about the Trollbark Dungeon. I don't remember an actual lizard "king," but there were so many lizard men in the central chamber, I could easily have missed him. No matter though, king or no king, those guys always make me pay in blood.

[ 11-17-2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Chuck Gabriel ]
Chuck Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:45 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I still have nightmare about that dragon fight on the haunted isle. I had never fought so hard. I cannot even remember now who was there dying alongside me.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:20 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Th toughest fight for me has been the Green Dragon on Level 8. I can hardly touch that guy.

Sure he can't touch me and like the Drow in the proving grounds its a bit like start fighting and walk away.

I think each of those drow should have a different weakness that you can exploit to defeat them.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:17 AM   #7
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I tried the Underground Pit on lvl 13 last night and wished I hadn't. The inhabitants are tough individually, have massive attacks and they come at you in threes. I lost count of the respawns I had to make.

Even worse, you cannot run. They will chase you outside if you try to get away.

Best not to go in there alone.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:49 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Haven't been too far down but so far the level 12 Grand High wizard ( I THINK that is where we were) gets my vote. I accidently got Amarylis down there at a pretty low level (I think she was under 15 at the time) and had to be rescued by Animal's shapeshifter....was a tough battle and I messed up the convo and we fought him TWICE! ack!

[ 11-18-2004, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-18-2004, 11:46 AM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmmm!! For me the Red Dragon on level 9. I was kind of at a standstill as he kept regenerating and my Monk couldn't do enough damage to keep him down but it was likewise for him. So we were pummeling each other into Boredom. At least with the other bosses something had to give.

Have not met the lizard king in the Trollbark Dungeon but from what I saw of the area he would most likely be the hardest.

[ 11-18-2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #10
StigTC

Depends a lot on what type of character you play.
For fighters I'd say Duru the drow champion (in the drow proving grounds) or ol' green (on level 8).
For clerics there's no such thing as a tough opponent, just cast harm (or heal on undead) and follow up with something that does the last bit of damage you need.
And for mages I'd say ol' green as well or the dracolich (in the cave on level 12), simply because they have so many hitpoints.

Of course if you stock up on magical gadgets like ring of harm and wands of hellball, not that many monsters seem very tough.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote