Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2000, 12:11 AM   #1
Androo

Just a dumb question here, but I don't see a version number on any of the screens. Is there a way to tell if I installed it properly?

Thanks,

Droid
Old 12-10-2000, 01:40 PM   #2
dcch

Wish I could tell you.. but, I didn't see a version number anywhere either~ BUT, I have noticed that the game seems to be brighter and sharper since installing the patch, so it must have done something... anyone else know how to find the version numbers?

dh
Old 12-10-2000, 03:57 PM   #3
carg
The Magister

This afternoon I installed the patch, but while I was busy also updated to the newest drivers for my Nvidia TNT2 card, so some changes I mention might be caused by the new drivers as well.
I noticed the game being brighter, and reacting snappier. The names of monsters and items on the ground when you hold your cursor on them, have a purple background now.
A change I'm ambivalent about is that shopkeepers insist on finishing what they have to say before you can do any action. While this means you don't miss things like promotions, it also means that when you're selling stuff, everytime you switch to another character you have to wait while the shopkeeper welcomes you, tells you about his quest you haven't finished yet, and possibly about a promotion quest as well.
If you happen to have the vampire ring in your possession, you can always try to find out if the game really doesn't crash anymore when donning it.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 06:50 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

I know it's not a good idea to change two things at once, but I keep falling for it anyway.
After updating game and TNT2 drivers my game froze after max. 15 minutes, sometimes within 1. Finally I concluded that the new drivers were cause of the problem. Now the game, inc. patch, works fine again, with my old video drivers.
Anyone else having problems with the NVidia Detonator 3 drivers on a TNT2 card (the Diamonnd Viper 770)?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 09:42 AM   #5
dcch

Now this is purely hearsay, but I was told that if you have a TNT2 card, you'd have less trouble if you stick to one of the earlier versions of the Detonator drivers... like the 5.2.2 or 5.3 version. All I can say is that I've stopped having as many problems since I went back to the earlier version (I'm using the 5.3)

Good luck to you~
dh
Old 12-12-2000, 06:23 PM   #6
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I had to uninstall the new Nvidia drivers (and not just because of this game). I use the updated drivers from hp (hewlitt packard) ... they seem fine.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote