Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2002, 11:30 PM   #11
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

IWD2 is after Drizzt comes to the surface and everything... 'cos in IWD there is a piece of mithril armour "...this is the armour made for Drizzt Do'Urden by his friend Bruenor Battlehammer..."
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 12:56 AM   #12
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

It's so good to know that IWD2 is before Drizzt, because it was so lame to have to experience Drizzt in BG2. I give major praise to BIS for not putting such a lame character into an otherwise great game...
Old 11-03-2002, 01:10 AM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It is the official merchant, but keep in mind that the developpers made it as a little gift, not as an official add on, so of course it does not make much sense.

Also, it is overpowered in regular mode, althought the prices prevent low levels characters from buying them. But they are just fine in HOF mode.

Since Ribald appear in the first town, and there is no way someone could get enough gold to buy those so early in the game, I am pretty sure they where intended for HOF mode.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:17 AM   #14
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Ribald also appears in Conlan's store in Kuldahar, by which time the party may be staggering under a weight of gold So perhaps his being in Targos is meant as something of a tease.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:27 AM   #15
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

But in read me it says it's written by a guy named as weimer and it's a custom mode. how do you know its official
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:20 AM   #16
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Where does it say that IWD2 (and subsequently IWD) happened before drizzt was born (or came to the surface)? Because if that is an official statement, then not only is Ribald a time traveller, but Drizzt's Armour in Icewind Dale 1 is too
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:54 AM   #17
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Anybody got a link to get this mod?
Old 11-03-2002, 09:41 AM   #18
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You can get the mod here

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
But in read me it says it's written by a guy named as weimer and it's a custom mode. how do you know its official
It is the official merchant, but this is not the official way to get him. You used to get him when you pre-ordered the game, but most of us did not pre-order it, so weimer made a mod to activate it.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:35 PM   #19
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I didn't care for too much of Ribald's equipment back in BG2. Needless to say, I won't bother with picking him up as a special merchant in IWD2.

As soon as I can, I am going to start designing my own items for IWD2, just for experimentation's sake. Since IEEP is useless, it looks like my hex editor will see some heavy use in the near future. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:08 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

"What can we do to make your dreams come true today?"

Here ya go Attalus : http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/iwd2.html