Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2003, 09:21 PM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

In the part after u kill the mind flayers master brain
It drops some treasure right into the centre that is surrounded by a great big iron circle with no apparent door to open and u cannot move into that part to pick it up?
Anyway I gave up on it cos I already was fully loaded!
But please anyone tell me if it is a bug or what the treasure contains?
Anything good I missed out on?

Thanks
Old 08-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Weird! u should be able to pick it up...i'm pretty sure that its a bunch of gems, quite a few of them, infact i think that there is 51 of one certain type of gem and then theres a few others as well - i might be wrong tho, as its 2:35am and i need my bed!
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

You have to move as close to it as you can before you're able to pick it up.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:59 AM   #4
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

But u can't even get within a few walking steps of it....

there is now way into the circle!

how far is as close as possible?
Old 08-02-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Your characters don't have to actually be standing on top of items in order to pick them up--they have a bit of "reach" and can access things a couple of feet away. The next time you kill a bunch of enemies right next to each other (which shouldn't be long), have your loot-collector stand on 1 item pile, and give them a bunch of Plate Mails, to make them Encumbered: Can not move. Then, tell them to grab items from nearby corpses. Even though they can't move themselves, they can still reach the loot.

Sometimes items are still a little bit further away, but you can still get the gear: A good example of this is in the Sahuagin City, when you kill a Sahuaging that's in the water, but very close to shore. You can position your character as close to the loot as you can, and tell him to grab it. It'll take him a few seconds, but he should be able to reach over the barrier and nab that loot.

But you sound like the Master Brain has dropped his gems closer to the middle of the Brain-thing than the edge, and if so, that must be a bug. Usually he drops the loot much closer to the edge of his tank, and I've never had a problem getting it, in the manner I've described in my second paragraph. I get the idea that BioWare anticipated gamers potentially having trouble obtaining the loot, as the only quest-specific item that the Elder Brain drops (his blood) is automatically transferred to your Inventory, whereas the blood dropped by the 2 alternative targets is picked up off the floor just like everything else.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:50 AM   #6
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I had the same problem, WiseFool, in my last run throught the game. I thought it was a bug from a mod I had installed but not sure. What mods, if any, are you running. I had to enable cheats to get in there. If you don't know how I think it goes like this - go into the baldur.ini folder and enter "debug mode=1" under the first line and when you get back to the game hit control J to have Scotty beam you up to that spot. Hope you get the loot!
Old 08-02-2003, 03:18 AM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

If you still don`t get the loot,i suggest you download ShadowKeeper . [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 06:14 AM   #8
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
If you still don`t get the loot,i suggest you download ShadowKeeper . [img]smile.gif[/img]
Why? Isn't that just a bunch of gems?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 06:32 AM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
quote:
Why? Isn't that just a bunch of gems? [/QUOTE]Yes it is. But in case if anything similar happens to him. Uh and he can sell the gems if he wishes. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:09 AM   #10
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
quote:
Why? Isn't that just a bunch of gems? [/QUOTE]Its the gems, AND a quest item for someone in a nearby city is it not?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote